Author Topic: Save the Off Topic Forum  (Read 29375 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Save the Off Topic Forum
« on: September 09, 2005, 03:08:11 AM »
I was thinking the reason of posting here...
Pleople just transform the Off Topic forum into a chit-chat bla-bla-bla place.
Maybe we can make more advertisements about Instant Messengers programs, there are many...
I'm feeling very bad of having to read such a huge amount of personal posts, feelings, etc. that should be better in personal IM or chats.
I'm here as I was invited to be. I was an user like others.
I'm feeling bad that some users are trying to transform this forum into nothing.
We can make friends and there share things. But, here, it was intended to be a security/computer related forum.
The ones who know me a little more know how much time I wait to post this complain.
It will flood the forum, people will be against one to the others... I'm feeling useless in Off Topic.
It's a shame that we can let the forum be what it was in 2003 when I joined.
Well, thanks for reading until here, I'll give a time to myself...
Maybe this forum doesn't need me anymore. I'm ashamed to have to post here exactly what I shouldn't. I'm posting my feelings that we're walking to the end of the Off Topic board... unless we change it into some useful place.
I'll lock my own thread and take some days of rest, thinking what I'm doing here... it's so depressing right now: lots of locked threads, people leaving, blaming each other... we lost our way.
The forum will lost Technical this way. Not that someone will even worry about this...

It's very sad, very sad...  :'(
« Last Edit: September 09, 2005, 03:10:49 AM by Tech »
The best things in life are free.

thedon57

Tech
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 10:48:34 AM »
Come on everyone stand behind tech what i have seen he has done a good job, don't let this board go the same as others a lot of the other forums you can not have your say, so to tech I say cheer up you have my vote on a good job done.

Well thats me said and done off to read some more off topics.

crofty59

Re: Tech
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2005, 11:37:19 AM »
Hi Tech

I agree with thedon57 Statement 100% .
I take a lot of stock what you have to say and found reading your replies helps me and everyone on the forum.

Best Wishes peter ;D

neal62

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2005, 07:02:42 PM »
Tech has always been ready to lend assistance to anyone here on this forum since I joined. Always there when needed. A valuable source of information.

Hopismum

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2005, 07:25:32 PM »
Tech   (connie here)

I popped in for a moment to say that I hope that you will realize your worth here and that you would be truely missed.    Your help here is needed, noticed, appreciated and it would be extremely sad for many people if you were not here to lend a hand.     

It can be extremely difficult with all the different languages to understand what someone is saying at times.    I know that you have run into this many times yourself.  Alot of us have.     Try to take it in stride,   and to know that you are doing your best.
Your best is more then good enough    :)

Yeah,  the Off Topic forum is alot of blah blah blah.    My personal feeling ,  which may or may not be correct,   is it was created to stuff all the blah blah blah someplace and keep it out of the other ,  much more important,  threads.     It gives it a place to go, and a place for people to put it.     

With different personalitys,   there will be clashs...  just as in our lives outside of this networld.

You take care..    and please reconsider.    You are very much needed here.

darth.mikey

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2005, 07:37:12 PM »
Don't go dude !!!! We need you here  :(

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2005, 07:39:43 PM »
Uh me big thicko whats happening

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2005, 07:56:09 PM »
Ah I see and I must admit that I can see where Tech is coming from, but hopefully this a bit of a storm in a teacup.  Every forum has it's PMT time and now must be our time.  Pull together boys and girls under the skin we all bleed ?  (Relevance Nil)

thedon57

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2005, 08:16:45 PM »
Come on tech get back to us please, just a line to say you are ok, as I have already stated I have not been on this forum long, but I have always tried to read yours and everyone else's posts, some may call me sad but I actually stay on line for up to 18 hours sometimes, and I always start with this forum and finish with this forum, and because of this, as I have already posted been offered and I have excepted a mods job on another forum, and I shall push avast, because out of 39 forums I am on the avast logo that sasha done me is on 32 of them.

SO come on tech I will be sending people here to signup when they convert to the greatest antivirus out there like my logo keeps flahing up Avast simply the best better than all the rest.

Oh  well I better go and have my tea she who must be obeyed is calling. comimg my sweet.

emma

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2005, 08:19:11 PM »
Hi Tech,
Below is part of a PM I sent you back in April.  I could write something new, but feel it would be the very same thing. Do you know that others have probably felt the same way you feel?  I think you are lucky because you can honestly and openly express your feelings. 
Quote from: emma

See, sometimes I feel myself useless, non-necessary, just a number in the process  :'( :-[

Technical, I read your message of feeling not needed and just felt I had to respond to you.  Perhaps you did not mean it in a real deep way, but I am sure there was some truth to it or you would not have written it.

You were one of the first to respond to me when I first joined the forum.  I think you are always polite and try to help people. You follow up on other's problems and truly seem concerned to help them.  I can tell others respect your opinion and read your words carefully.  You seem always ready to give and take and listen to others when you don't know an answer.  So you see you are definitely needed.  Are you always right?  Do you know an answer to every problem?  Can you help everybody?  The answer to those 3 questions is probably NO.  None of us can know everything.  But it is often not what you know, but how you go about trying to help.  Giving helpful advice in a friendly positive way always makes the person you are trying to help feel good.  And I think that is what you do....make others feel good.  Can you help everyone? Can you make everyone feel good?  Of course not.  We should only do our best and then be content.

I hope you don't mind my writing you.  I know your English may not let you understand all of it. But all of my message is wishing the best for you.
emma

thedon57

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2005, 08:22:28 PM »
Here here! for emma very true now i must go for my tea before it ends up on my head ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2005, 09:52:40 PM »
Tech, you are not useless. I am the one who is not really important here, avast is a program for Windows (hopefully soon for Mac) and you know far more about the Windows Operating system than many of us do thats why you are so helpful and you have a great personality.
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Offline XMAS

• Avast translator
  • Super Poster
  • Santa is watching you ;)
    • avast! in Bulgarian
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2005, 10:19:44 PM »
Hello Tech,

Don't leave, we need you here, please  :'(
You've Got To Get Close To The Flame To See What It's Made Of...

Offline SUSZANNAH

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • There We Are Then
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2005, 01:17:34 AM »
Said all I needed to say in PM........... :)

Offline phil2

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2005, 08:27:45 AM »
Tech
Pls change your mind..you are so respected in this forum.
Sincerely  Phil
Windows 7 home service pack 1 64-bit
avast! Pro Antivirus     Malwarebytes Pro resident
    Winpatrol Pro