Author Topic: Save the Off Topic Forum  (Read 29383 times)

niko

Re: Tech
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2005, 09:01:26 AM »
Hi Tech!
I'm not going to do bla-bla:
When I've been on Avast! forum for the very first time asking for help, you was the first one who help me imediately, telling me "welcome here, we're a band of brother".
I never forget what my friends tell me...well maybe when I'll be close to death (but I've got time I hope ;D)
So, please Tech, keep on showing us how to be really "a band of brother" ;)

Ricky2005

Re: Tech
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2005, 01:39:55 AM »
i've said it in one topic about tech im gonna say it again

here goes:
techs the man!!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Save the Off Topic Forum
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2005, 05:22:50 AM »
I've not intended to leave the forum.
Just take a rest, some days, let my heart avoid some hard feelings, specially time spent trying to help and, after all, touching the results...  :'(
Thanks for the support and encouragement.
It was really a bad thing what happened in forums last days.
Maybe we should post a little bit less about other stuffs and keep the focus of the forum.
It's not truth that all is permited in Off Topic. It was, for sure, for other things than avast! but not for bla-bla-bla.
It will flood the forum. Nobody will take avast! forum seriously if we continue this way.
Maybe we should use IM (Trillian, ICQ, Messenger, etc.) more and post less in Off Topic...

A lot of users sent me IM but, after all, I miss some of them...
I must admit that it's impossible to be loved by everyone. At least, some friends rests in this forum  :)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2005, 03:18:02 PM by Tech »
The best things in life are free.

thedon57

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2005, 11:11:38 AM »
Tech have not been here long, you have a lot more friends ;D than you do enemies, I no that when I joined the forum I was made welcome by you ;D and several others too many to name, they know who they are I have already told them, ;D by the way I liked your avator and neon so much i asked sasha to do me one, now his work, ;D and avast are spread around 35 forums even if  the logo did not fit I told them what a load of rubbish theres was, and they adjusted there allowance so i could put avast on the map more.
Anyway tech you will always have a friend here ;D also I have been made a moderator of a forum so anyone joining will soon be lead towards Avast, because as the logo flashes Avast Simply the best better than all the rest ! speaks for itself. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

CharleyO

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2005, 08:29:32 PM »

Having been not here for 5 months, I am not sure what brought this on. I can say this, though. Tech has been a great help to this whole forum ... to it's many members as well as to it's many guests. I know that I have gained much knowledge just from reading Tech's replies as he helps others.

Please, Tech, if "Off-Topic" is getting to you, then do not read this part of the forum ... but ... please don't leave us here at the forum!

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2005, 09:02:41 PM »
Hey, I think complete Off-topic is the main reason, which gives some charm for avast forum. You can find needed help in avast home/pro topic and have really great time and relax in off-topic. Maybe I'm wrong now, but I thought the off-topic is created for having some fun. Other forums of that kind are cold and non-interesting places to be, as only problems are solved there. I don't think that only bla bla bla is posted here. maybe sometimes.... but really rare. Ah, just final word from me: the forums off-topic is almost the main reason I came back here every day; to relax after studies, to share my good temper, at last, communicate with others in English, it's the good practice for me as I'm living in non English speaking country. I respect all forum users, especially the "old" ones, like you. You aren't nobody here. It's the main point in this forum. YOU ARE SOMEBODY HERE, YOU CAN BE A PERSONALITY HERE. In chats you are only nickname, nothing more. Quite long final word.  ;)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2005, 09:06:19 PM »
Having been not here for 5 months
Welcome back, we missed you  8)

Please, Tech, if "Off-Topic" is getting to you, then do not read this part of the forum ... but ... please don't leave us here at the forum!
You got it  ;)

neal62

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2005, 09:06:52 PM »
Well spoken Ylap, appreciate your opinions.  :)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2005, 09:10:48 PM »
I thought the off-topic is created for having some fun.
You should be here at that time. The reason was not precesily this one. As far I know, I was invited to be a Moderator when I was on vacation, and the Off Topic was for 'non-avast! related topics'. Ok, you can imagine anything into this expression.
But, for sure, it was not for personal conversation like IM. Even less, just for fun...

In chats you are only nickname, nothing more. Quite long final word.  ;)
Maybe some words were improperly used by me. Chat, at that time, means IM. You talk with another person (not a group).

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2005, 09:25:35 PM »
But, for sure, it was not for personal conversation like IM. Even less, just for fun...

I don't know... Maybe I don't understand something...  :-\ Yes, I wasn't here when this forum was created. I even hadn't  PC at that time... I'm here for only more that half year... Yes, I think I've used bad words too here. Maybe the Off-Topic is not "just for fun" it's for having good time. As I've already said, the main reason I'm here everyday is the ability to communicate with Friendly people from all over the world, and all of us connects one thing - I think almost all of us have avast on our PC. We can help each other when we need help, and just talk about other things. Ah, sometimes I found it a bit difficult to express all my minds here. I hope that everyone understands that I want to say.  :-\

darth.mikey

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2005, 09:30:48 PM »

I don't know... Maybe I don't understand something...  :-\ Yes, I wasn't here when this forum was created. I even hadn't  PC at that time... I'm here for only more that half year... Yes, I think I've used bad words too here. Maybe the Off-Topic is not "just for fun" it's for having good time. As I've already said, the main reason I'm here everyday is the ability to communicate with Friendly people from all over the world, and all of us connects one thing - I think almost all of us have avast on our PC. We can help each other when we need help, and just talk about other things. Ah, sometimes I found it a bit difficult to express all my minds here. I hope that everyone understands that I want to say.  :-\

I understand you friend and i agree with you  ;)

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2005, 11:44:21 PM »
Technical
You're right it's not just for fun but there isn't any thing wrong in having some fun mixed in with more
serious non avast related matters. We had also at one time talked about renaming this the café which
again meant that there was some chit chat going on even back then.
There are many serious thing discussed in here and a lot of helpful information can be found in this
Off-Topic Forum. You should know, you put a lot of it in here.
I think that one of the things that distinguishes this forum from all the others is that there is some friendliness
within this forum that doesn't exist in most forums.
I think that's a good thing and not something that should be frowned upon.
Remember, this is bob the member voicing his opinion and as all of you know, I do have one. ;D
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

neal62

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2005, 11:58:38 PM »
I agree with what bob has just stated. We all I believe need to have a bit of fun in our dailey lives. There is so much of the other type of things going on that it's usually refreshing to have a section of a forum like this one.
    I have been to other forums where there is not a section like we have here. Those forums are very drab, dull, and really alot of folks don't stay logged on much before they are gone.  :)

Staind

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2005, 05:34:59 AM »
I am going to have to agree with Bob on this one.  I don't exaclty see what's wrong with Avast having a more chit-chat styled forum, that can also easily be used to offer support towards non-related Avast! issues ... they can be mixed. 

Tech, I don't exactly see what the problem is? But maybe I'm missing something.  Your help is appreciated in the forums.

Fast

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2005, 08:42:07 AM »
the forums off-topic is almost the main reason I came back here every day; to relax after studies, to share my good temper, at last, communicate with others in English, it's the good practice for me as I'm living in non English speaking country. I respect all forum users, especially the "old" ones, like you. You aren't nobody here. It's the main point in this forum. YOU ARE SOMEBODY HERE, YOU CAN BE A PERSONALITY HERE. In chats you are only nickname, nothing more. Quite long final word.  ;)

Although I can understand Tech's frustration from a certain point of view, I must say that Ylap has a point here I totally agree with.
Also Bob and Neal do have a point. It's the friendly atmosphere in this forum that makes it stand out.
Fast