Author Topic: (No subject)Refund  (Read 3494 times)

REDACTED

(No subject)Refund
« on: December 22, 2014, 05:25:50 PM »
I requested a refund about five weeks ago, and still no response. I had purchased the free product, but was charges $39.99. How long does it take to get a response from these people? Thanks.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: (No subject)Refund
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 05:46:34 PM »
You must have made a mistake and bought a license for a paid version.
You will never be charged for the free version.
Have patience, your ticket will be handled.
It may speed up things if you mention your ticket ID here.

Next time please use the search option before posting as things like this have been explained many times before.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 07:35:55 PM »
Submitting multiple tickets can actually slow the process as the tickets are dealt with in a first in first out basis. So for now don't update or submit further tickets - refunds can take up to ten working days to be handled.

You can however use the on-line contact form, http://www.avast.com/contact-form.php?loadStyles to contact Sales.

Put as much information in that as possible - Support ticket ID number (as you have here), receipt/payment number, email, etc. A link to this topic wouldn't hurt. In the meantime I will try to attract some attention to this topic.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 12:33:44 AM »
Thanks. My ticket number is CKF-445-26277. Hope it helps.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 01:08:32 AM »
You're welcome - if you haven't already done so I would also use the on-line contact form.

I will try to attract some attention to this topic.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 10:32:41 AM »
sbj1994, you received a response to your ticket, check your email.

You've been charged for next year because Auto renewal option was ON at your order. The avast license is transferable therefore you are allowed to use it on another computer when you move to newer environment or just change your computer. How to insert your license into avast - https://www.avast.com/en-us/faq.php?article=AVKB7#artTitle

Quality is also a feature.

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2014, 06:13:39 PM »

You've been charged for next year because Auto renewal option was ON at your order. The avast license is transferable therefore you are allowed to use it on another computer when you move to newer environment or just change your computer. How to insert your license into avast - https://www.avast.com/en-us/faq.php?article=AVKB7#artTitle

They did not address my issue. I have, or at least I think I have the free product, and should not have been charged a renewal fee. That is why I'm requesting a refund.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2014, 06:29:42 PM »
  They did not address my issue. I have, or at least I think I have the free product,   
Open your avast program, what do you read at the top of the gui?

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2014, 06:31:10 PM »

They did not address my issue. I have, or at least I think I have the free product, and should not have been charged a renewal fee. That is why I'm requesting a refund.

Just to name one place the version is stated, The version is shown on the Main User Interface.

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2014, 11:46:57 PM »
I have Avast Internet Security.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2014, 11:50:35 PM »
That is a paid version.
So you bought it and now the auto-renewal took place.