Author Topic: Avast Install Problems  (Read 1519 times)

REDACTED

Avast Install Problems
« on: December 24, 2014, 02:54:47 AM »
hey guys, im trying to install avast onto my friends computer and having some problems, ive installed avast on dozens of computers hundreds of times and ive never seen a problem like this..

first a little backstory..
so my friend is having trouble with her computer having script errors and pop ups, so she brought it to me... my first thought is that its viruses and my suspicions were confirmed when i looked and saw that the avast install i had on there previously somehow disappeared, also her recovery partition is gone. so i go online and try to download avast and install and it gives me uninstalling the product, ok so thats not gonna work. after a few hours of wondering what should i do i decided to remote connect to her HDD with my computer and scan with my version of Avast. well it worked slowly because it was scanning over the internet and about 70 viruses later it was done, removed 69 of them the other i went through and deleted myself. then i thought maybe i can install avast now that some viruses are gone and no i cant.

so im pretty much at a loss, id like to get avast on the computer before i give it back to her. by the way i did think that maybe it was uninstalling because of a corrupted install which would explain why it doesnt run but i went through the program file and the registry and didnt find a trace of avast (at least from what i saw). the avast install log is throwing these errors:
UpdateToFull: corrupted downloaded full package 'iplugins-3.vpx
SaveBufferVpx: cfpkg.Create (path....) failed
the installation failed with error 40962 (0X0000A002) [Broken Package] performing uninstall..

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Avast Install Problems
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 11:05:30 AM »