Author Topic: Submitting tickets for help and not getting any reply?  (Read 2327 times)

REDACTED

Submitting tickets for help and not getting any reply?
« on: December 25, 2014, 03:07:41 AM »
I've submitted two tickets with avast and I've got ZERO response. I've tried calling and tech support cant cancel my plan I have to file a ticket. What's the point in submitting a ticket if no one answers you. I got rid of this service in 2012 and magically I got charged $45 for a renew that I've never had before and cant get a single rep to contact me back. My first ticket was De. 5 so it's not like I've given them time. What's my next step with this company?

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: Submitting tickets for help and not getting any reply?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2014, 03:16:49 AM »
Hi
Could you post your ticket number here, this will bring attention to your issue specifically.
Don't submit anymore tickets as submitting more then one ticket then makes the process length longer.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2014, 03:45:21 AM »
I've submitted two tickets with avast and I've got ZERO response.
As has been explained many times, submitting multiple tickets make you go back to the bottom of the stack and you will have to wait longer.
I've tried calling and tech support cant cancel my plan I have to file a ticket.
The phone number is from a third party and they only supply "help" with technical problems with avast on Windows platforms. This also has been explained many times already.
I got rid of this service in 2012 and magically I got charged $45 for a renew that I've never had before
I very much doubt that. Very likely you have the automatically renew option ticked.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 07:40:20 AM by Eddy »

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2014, 04:09:38 AM »
Ticket ID: UCW-682-65198 Sent on Dec. 5th

Eddy: My subscription expired 11/30/2012, why all of a sudden get a auto renew from them? Sure seems sketchy to me! I monitor my accounts regularly and haven't used this product since then.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2014, 04:12:06 AM »
Is there support REALLY that slow that they cant answer an email in 20 days? They only have "tech" help and cant answer a personal phone call but have no problem drafting funds from 3 yr old expired accounts. I just simple want my money back and for this company to delete all my account info and banking info since they apparently still have it.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2014, 07:54:34 AM »
Is there support REALLY that slow that they cant answer an email in 20 days?
It is not 20 days unless you submitted two tickets on the same day.
They only have "tech" help and cant answer a personal phone call
Sure they can answer a personal call, but the tech help phone number is just that. Tech help, not for other things.
but have no problem drafting funds from 3 yr old expired accounts
Have you ever disabled the auto renewal? If not, that is why you where charged (again).
I just simple want my money back and for this company to delete all my account info and banking info since they apparently still have it.
Deleting will likely not happening since there are laws that tell how long data should be kept. In my country (The Netherlands) it is 7 years for companies/organizations. In most other countries in Europe they have a law like that too.