Consumer Products > Avast Account (my.avast.com)

IYogi who are these guys?

(1/2) > >>

REDACTED:
Hi, Help required!
I had a support group called IYogi delete my paid for Avast protection to install their own.
How do I fix this so that my system is secured by Avast again? My account details show that I'm a "free" Avast user this is not correct. I purchased 1 3 year subscription which has a year to run, I have the registration account details.

Asyn:
- Which Avast..? (Pro/IS/Premier)
- OS..? (32/64 Bit..? - which SP..?)
- Other security related software installed..?

REDACTED:
1-2-2015 and iYogi is still out there trying to jack my computer and sell me stuff I don't want.  Not Cool!!  I had allowed them access to my computer thinking I'd contacted Avast.  I hadn't.  The only way to turn their computer sucking software off was to delete them from my control panel.  These guys are only there to rip you off!  They're at http://www.install-antivirus.com/4231028/avast/avast-support.html?gclid=CNOcvNOs9sICFUZbfgod5moA9A if you want to see how they look like they represent Avast.com - but they don't. 

DavidR:
They don't represent avast, some considerable time ago they did provide third party support - but they got fired by avast for not providing that service. Many of their staff were more interested in getting you to purchase an annual computer support package (nothing to do with avast support).

Eddy:
They clearly say on that page:

--- Quote ---iYogi is an independent service provider of remote tech support for third party products.
--- End quote ---
That really doesn't sound/look like they represent avast.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version