Author Topic: Spinning "Radiation" GIF Transparency Problem?  (Read 14441 times)

darth.mikey

Re: Spinning "Radiation" GIF Transparency Problem?
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2005, 12:18:29 AM »
Well Saša from the forum theme i'm using the first pic is grey(the second is black) haha  ;D

TheEvilHammer

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2005, 12:20:23 AM »
Nope, no problems with that .gif file.  When I refresh the page and watch the .gif, the transparency works correctly the entire time.  I've even tried deleting my temporary internet files and refreshing the page, and it still works fine.  I've also downloaded the file and opened it in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer, and the transparency works correctly the entire time.  I appreciate all the feedback - any more ideas?

darth.mikey

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2005, 12:23:34 AM »
How about FastGame's suggestion?

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2005, 12:25:56 AM »
Nope, no problems with that .gif file.  When I refresh the page and watch the .gif, the transparency works correctly the entire time.  I've even tried deleting my temporary internet files and refreshing the page, and it still works fine.  I've also downloaded the file and opened it in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer, and the transparency works correctly the entire time.  I appreciate all the feedback - any more ideas?

Then we will have to hear directly from Alwil guys... since they coded everything... so now we have a proof that your card is reading that animated gif without any problems. That one is covered I guess...

Alwil, any clues on wht this may be ?
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

TheEvilHammer

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2005, 12:43:41 AM »
I've tried making the icon cache larger and I've also tried rebuilding the icon cache using TweakUI (as per FastGame's suggestions) but to no avail - same problem with the .gif.

FastGame

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2005, 12:53:12 AM »
I've tried making the icon cache larger and I've also tried rebuilding the icon cache using TweakUI (as per FastGame's suggestions) but to no avail - same problem with the .gif.
Did you reboot afterwards ?

Hmm, well the rest of your icons will be zippy fast !

How about reinstall avast! ?

TheEvilHammer

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2005, 01:21:13 AM »
Yup, I rebooted several times.  I don't think a reinstall will do anything - I just installed avast! a few days ago and I've never seen this particular transparent .gif display correctly.

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2005, 01:24:05 AM »
I know this has probably nothing to do with this, but just to cover all bases... do you have the latest version of the DirectX installed on your system ?

Edit: Just trying to help, so we have to try everything, right ?  ;)
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

TheEvilHammer

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2005, 02:22:57 AM »
Yes - I have DirectX 9.0c.

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2005, 12:21:54 PM »
Well then, as I already mentioned it's best to wait for answer from someone from Alwil team.

TheEvilHammer

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2005, 06:13:17 PM »
I've discovered that the problem occurs when skins are disabled.  If I turn skins on, then the problem goes away.  I've had others confirm that they experience this too.  So, it turns out that it is an avast! problem after all, not a system-specific one.  I hope Alwil sees this thread so they can fix this in the future...

Thanks to everyone who helped out!

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2005, 09:43:07 PM »
Yes it looks like there is a bug somewhere in program. I tried it myself and when I'm using skinless interface same thing happens, but just first time animated gif kicks in. After that everything is fine and no white background square any more.

As soon as I enable skins, everything works perfect again... one more time - people, use skins !  ;D  ;D  ;D We didn't spen that much time for nothing, haha  ;D  ;D

Joke aside, Alwil should do something regarding this issue, since it's hardcoded into avast! code. Yes, it's small and almost unnoticebale, but it's still a small bug, cosmetic one this time...

Thanks !