Author Topic: Avast & adobe Reader XI  (Read 13331 times)

Offline Cluster-Lizard2014

Re: Avast & adobe Reader XI
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2015, 01:59:35 PM »
It is a fix but it isn't a good fix. Foxit is a great alternative to Adobe Reader, I have it on my laptop as well as I had to use it when I found Adobe Reader had stopped working, for unrelated reasons, eons ago.

My point is that something is broken in your set up and all you've done is use the simplest of work arounds: a replacement program. That is a crude solution because whatever the problem is it is still there.   
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 01:00:22 PM by Cluster-Lizard2014 »

Offline Sc0Rpi0n

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2015, 12:42:27 AM »
It is a fix but it isn't a good fix. Foxit is a great alternative to Adobe Reader, I have it on my laptop as well as I had to use it when I found Adobe Reader had stopped working, for unrelated reasons, eons ago.

My point is that something is broken in your set up and all you've done is use the simplest of work arounds: a replacement program. That is a crude solution because whatever the problem is is still there.
  I understand what you saying . And if something is fixed no matter how its done then its Fixed  ;)crude or not . And the only thing that was not working correctly on my pc was Adobe Reader version 11 . Now that is no longer installed I have a program that works just as well i wouldn't say the problem is still there as you seem to think . ITS FIXED
Cheers
Ps maybe when Adobe is updated again i might give it a whirl to see what happens

Cheers

Offline Staticguy

• Super Poster
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2015, 08:34:14 AM »
Is it safe to say that Foxit Reader (Free Version) is way better than Nitro PDF (Free version)? The nitro free version is only at version 3 which was released back in August 1, 2013. Where as the Foxit Reader free version has been updating at a constant period. Latest version is 7.0.6.1126 which was released just last month December 1, 2014
DELL Inspiron 15" 7000 Gaming, Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1237), Trend Micro Maximum Security 2021 (17.0.1333), Avast SecureLine VPN (5.12.5655), Windows Firewall, Unchecky 1.2

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2015, 09:00:37 AM »
If you only need a basic light reader then I'd suggest Sumatra, for a reader with more features and the best rendering around PDF XChange viewer is my pick http://www.tracker-software.com/product/pdf-xchange-viewer

Foxit is becoming bloated like Nitro but neither are as bloated as Adobe.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 09:02:15 AM by CraigB »

REDACTED

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2015, 09:59:20 AM »
Sc0Rpi0n does not say if Adobe XI is running with Protected Mode enabled.