Author Topic: So I paid the $19.95 to upgrade my computer still says I have Avast free  (Read 2678 times)

REDACTED

Maybe there's a sticky location for this topic. I didn't see it. I paid my money, can access forums, it says my device is covered yet my computer says I still have Avast free version and when I click on it I see the same give me your money pitches. Is there an easy way to fix this and make avast usable?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: So I paid the $19.95 to upgrade my computer still says I have Avast free
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 07:58:58 PM »
Did you enter the license file?

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 08:21:04 PM »
I'm honestly not sure if I did or not. I think I went through all the steps. Where would I find the license file and where does it need to be placed in order to have a functioning version of avast appear? Thanks.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 09:10:33 PM »
Thanks for your help here but this is what I got when I asked them to email my license...

Avast Support team
        Today at 2:02 PM

To

me

Dear customer,

we are sorry, but our records show no valid purchases with the e-mail address you specified.

Please make sure the information you supplied is correct, and the original purchase was carried out using this email address.

If you purchased your license from an Avast reseller please contact the reseller directly (http://www.avast.com/locate-dealer).

Best regards,

the Avast team

All very frustrating...

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 09:35:26 PM »
This just  gets worse. I called Avast and they told me to de-install and re-install the software. Just what I want to spend all day doing. Thanks Avast!