Author Topic: application error 0xc0000022 / side by side configuration  (Read 2126 times)

REDACTED

application error 0xc0000022 / side by side configuration
« on: January 02, 2015, 11:39:53 AM »
Hey,
I hope I am writing in the right place.
I had a bit of an issue over the holidays with my laptop and gained a corrupted profile  (still not sure on the source as it does seem to be working again despite spending 2 days moving everything over. ) I have currently 3 profiles running my "old" main one which was the damaged one, a "transfer" profile, and a new "main" profile.

However with everything going Avast has been acting strange. I have had a combo of errors  the main one seems to be
"avastUI.exe - application error

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022), click ok to close the application"

The other which i cannot make happen right now to obtain the correct text is "the side by side configuration is incorrect"

I have -
-unistalled avast
-used avast clear
-reinstalled

- I have run malwarebytes and microsoft security scan both found things and quarrantied them, but right now I am at a bit of a loss and I cannot follow what lots of helps suggest which is the command prompt c:\user\xxx\sfc /scannow to check anything being odd.

I have other issues with programmes not appearing in my start menu but lets get avast going as I somehow feel that some protection would be nice right now .

THanks