Author Topic: Shut down problem  (Read 5164 times)

REDACTED

Shut down problem
« on: January 04, 2015, 12:51:41 AM »
I have installed the Protection Plus and the small business dashboard. Now my computer running Windows 8.1 with the latest updates won't shut down. The shut down screen shows with the "dots" going round and round. I have used the power button to shut it off. Started it up again. It still won't shut down.

REDACTED

Re: Shut down problem
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 01:45:05 AM »
Now after 30 minutes, it just says "shutting down"(no spinning dots) but has not shut down.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 11:00:09 AM »
You try to delete it and reinstall.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 10:52:51 PM »
This sounds like other threads on here, such as the one about the Windows Update below. 

I haven't been able to get Avast Endpoint Protection to work on a new Windows 8.1 machine myself.    It works until the system is rebooted.  As the machine boots up and logs into Windows, the Windows interface becomes unresponsive.  I can't click on the taskbar anymore or enter areas like the control panel.  The system will not reboot/shutdown either, just sitting there with the shutdown/reboot animation running endlessly.

I've removed Avast EP from that system for the time being.   I'm hoping an update is coming to fix what sounds like problems with Windows 8.1's latest system updates.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 03:23:22 AM »
Yep add me as another victim of Avast's incompetence. What's the point of using an anti-virus that renders your PC's unusable? As usual Avast will demonstrate a complete lack of understanding the concept of business support for customers paying inflated licenses over free consumer products. We've uninstalled completely and are evaluating alternative business security solutions. I suggest anyone else on here does the same.

Offline Juanjo

• Avast Reseller
    • Avast Antivirus España - Distribuidor y Mayorista Oficial
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 09:31:30 PM »
Hi all.

You can try one of this 2 possible options:

1.- Go to Control Panel, Administrative tools, Task Scheduler, Library, Task scheduler library. Click on avast! Emergency Update, then right click and choose Run. Wait a few minutes and reboot.

2.- Or you can go directly to C:, Program files, AVAST Software, Avast Business, and execute AvastEmUpdate.exe. Wait a few minutes and reboot.

It is possible that first reboot after that don't run correctly and that you have to force reboot with the reset button, but once rebooted all should be fine.

Good luck.