Author Topic: New aVast home (free) registration/license  (Read 3220 times)

justwannaknow

New aVast home (free) registration/license
« on: September 15, 2005, 09:18:38 PM »
I keep gettin a red popup box saying I have to renew the license.  I did as it said and got a number in email.  The letter sounds like I don't need to do anything else since it's not a new aVast installation but the box keeps popping up.  Is there a place where I'm supposed to put that new number and how do I get to it?  If not, how do I turn off that box?  Thanks.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: New aVast home (free) registration/license
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 09:39:06 PM »
Yep copy and paste the new licence number into the proper place - right click the icon - select about - click licence then paste.  First off though you must re-register with avast here http://www.avast.com/i_kat_207.php?lang=ENG
« Last Edit: September 15, 2005, 09:40:56 PM by essexboy »

Offline XMAS

• Avast translator
  • Super Poster
  • Santa is watching you ;)
    • avast! in Bulgarian
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 09:45:55 PM »
hi  :)
Is there a place where I'm supposed to put that new number and how do I get to it?
Yes there is such a place ;)

When you start the program there is a memory test, in that memory test window there is a button called Registration(or something like that, I don't know the exact name, because I use the Bulgarian language pack), when you press this button a window will appear and in that window you van enter the new registration key.

Or there is and another way. Right click on the "a" icon in the system tray and from the pop up menu choose About avast! in the appeared window there is a button called Registration key , push this button and enter the new registration key  ;)

EDIT> essexboy you are fast  ;D , I am very slow writer  ;D
« Last Edit: September 15, 2005, 09:47:39 PM by .:X:M:A:S:. »
You've Got To Get Close To The Flame To See What It's Made Of...

justwannaknow

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2005, 09:47:05 PM »
Thanks..... just found it and did that but I'm a little confused....

"First off though you must re-register with avast here http://www.avast.com/i_kat_207.php?lang=ENG"

Isn't that what I did to get the new number in email?  Thanks.