Author Topic: Avast messed up my browser!  (Read 1819 times)

REDACTED

Avast messed up my browser!
« on: January 08, 2015, 01:48:39 AM »
Avast told me that a browser add-on had a bad reputation (Crazy Mail in Google Chrome browser). So I had that add-on removed by Avast. And yes, removed it was, but also, as a result of Avast's action, I lost my browser session, with about 15 open tabs, with 5 fixed tabs amongst them! NEVER I will let Avast do this again, NEVER! I really can remove an add-on by myself, in a far better way, without destroying my session!

Also, adding to grief, I could not even use my regular e-mail address for creating an account, just for having this topic posted. It was stated that the e-mail address was already in use. OF COURSE that was the case, and I knew that: it was already in use for having registered the program every year again, and WITHOUT having an account already! So, stupid enough, I was forced to use one of my other e-mail addresses for creating this account!  :(

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Avast messed up my browser!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 02:20:49 AM »
I lost my browser session, with about 15 open tabs, with 5 fixed tabs amongst them!
You should have closed the browser before running the BCU
I really can remove an add-on by myself, in a far better way
If that is true, why didn't you do so but let avast do it?
It was stated that the e-mail address was already in use. OF COURSE that was the case, and I knew that: it was already in use for having registered the program every year again, and WITHOUT having an account already!
It means you already have a account on that email address which you should have used to login. Either directly here or on https://my.avast.com
So, stupid enough, I was forced to use one of my other e-mail addresses for creating this account!
No, you weren't.

And please next time when you want to post something, do it in the correct forum.
This is not the avast bcu forum, that one can be found here:
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=54.0