Author Topic: avast connecting to internet  (Read 1605 times)

REDACTED

avast connecting to internet
« on: January 07, 2015, 06:33:02 AM »
How do I stop Avast from connecting to the internet without my permission. I have auto- matic update disabled. I am using the free
anti virus.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: avast connecting to internet
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 07:36:02 AM »
Turn off your internet ;D

Why do you need to stop it connecting? this will have you less protected since there are several cloud functions included within Avast and definitions are downloaded every few minutes.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 08:02:23 AM »
That was not helpful - twice I have tried to post and the first time I got a blank Ie PAGE.  Then I found this post and replied and hit POST and it told me another post had been made and I might want to check mine.  I hit POST so I would not lose it again then went to look at the new post but mine was not there so I back space to the post to resend it and the message is deleted from the body.  I am weary of trying to get answers to problems on a Forum that does not show the Internet Security product I have and does not Post these  10 minutes of typing out detailed problems with the product. 

You also show the time as 5 hours ahead of mine so I guess you are on the other side of the world where you like your electrical devices to start up by a program that is designed to protect your computer after YOU start them.  Programs that take control of your computers and do who knows what on the internet almost constantly when you are letting it sit idle. 

I hope someone with some knowledge of this will give generously of their time and help us both stop these connection problems.  I am tired of watching the icon spinning endlessly, My VZAccess Manager Program being shut down and taken over by Avast, and my Mi=Fi  flashing when I am not touching my computer.  (Win Vista OS)   Thank you.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 08:10:01 AM »
As mentioned you cant disable Avast within itself from connecting, you can maybe block it with your firewall but then you wont receive updates for the virus signatures :o

If your forum time is incorrect then you can change that in your profile settings.