Author Topic: Timeout Caught On Log  (Read 2223 times)

jocyber

Timeout Caught On Log
« on: September 17, 2005, 12:00:51 AM »
Hi,

I recently updated my firewall and stupidly chose the fresh install, as advised, instead of 'update'.  Since this time I have been getting 2 timeout warnings from Avast! every five minutes or so.  Having read through the forum, I assume it is to do with the POP side of things (I run Thunderbird).  Having taken the advice already given, I thought the 'ignore process' in the .ini file might be a daft route to go down as I need my mail scanner, so I have instead done the log=20 thing and attached a copy (since it’s too long to post!) for you here.  I have hopefully removed my POP email address from the log by replacing it with "my.emailaddress".  It's not the full address, obviously, it just replaces fred.smith, or whoever.  You probably already know this, but just in case anyone queries it.

Can anyone help please?  Thanks!

Zara.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Timeout Caught On Log
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 11:50:27 AM »
Sounds to me that you have forgotten to give te Avast components the proper permissions in your firewall.

jocyber

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2005, 11:58:31 AM »
I'm not sure if it's to do with the firewall or not.  I've attached a jpg of the two things in the program section of the firewall, that relate to Avast by name.  Permissions shouldn't be an issue, should they? 

Ricky2005

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2005, 12:06:04 PM »
ye zonealarams shouldn't block it now its trusted .. you tried shutting the firewall down and then update it? to see if its something else?

Offline vojtech

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2005, 11:29:16 AM »
The log comprises only 2 seconds of communication, no timeout can be seen here. Plase post the appropriate part of the log here or to my email address.