Author Topic: Stop offering avast! Mobile Security  (Read 11556 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Stop offering avast! Mobile Security
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2015, 11:05:18 PM »
I too am still getting a popup for mobile security every single day. Something definitely happened in the last couple weeks/month to cause and increase of these popups.

I don't mind having a free version and getting the occasional popup about a new product, but once is enough! I've already said no!

I am currently running program version 2015.10.0.2208

As has been mentioned the fix should be in - do you keep your computer on 24/7 ?
If so reboot as it may require a reboot to effect the changes.

I don't know where you said No ?
In that pop-up there isn't a No option button other than the FREE Download button that takes you out the download. If you declined that download from the google play site, avast has no way to tell that you have done that. Hell it can't even tell if you already have it installed or even if you have an android phone.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2015, 01:14:20 AM »
I too am still getting a popup for mobile security every single day. Something definitely happened in the last couple weeks/month to cause and increase of these popups.

I don't mind having a free version and getting the occasional popup about a new product, but once is enough! I've already said no!

I am currently running program version 2015.10.0.2208

As has been mentioned the fix should be in - do you keep your computer on 24/7 ?
If so reboot as it may require a reboot to effect the changes.

I don't know where you said No ?
In that pop-up there isn't a No option button other than the FREE Download button that takes you out the download. If you declined that download from the google play site, avast has no way to tell that you have done that. Hell it can't even tell if you already have it installed or even if you have an android phone.

I shutdown every night. It's happening on 2 different PCs both linked to the same avast account.

By "No" I meant clicking the X in the top right corner to close it.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2015, 01:24:14 AM »
Just Xing out of the of the popup doesn't actually do anything other than close the popup - there is no implied No when you do that.

It is just strange that you are still getting it and others in this topic aren't seeing it now.

I wonder if an avast Repair might help - Try a repair of avast:
XP - Add Remove programs, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button and select Repair, click next and follow.

Vista, win7 or later - Control Panel, Programs & Features, uninstall a program, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Uninstall/Change and select Repair, click next and follow.

You may need to reboot after the repair.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2015, 09:41:51 AM »
Disappointingly, this popup has appeared on each of the last 2 days.
Yesterday after restart.
Today after resuming from hibernation.
And "Show last popup message" doesn't invoke it so I can't capture it on screen!  >:(
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25

REDACTED

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2015, 07:30:42 PM »
After doing a repair on my installation, the frequency of the popups seems to have reduced significantly. Not every day now when I turn the PC on. Doing a repair on my 2nd PC to see if that also improves.