Author Topic: Secureline: I Can't Watch Any of Amazon Prime's Instant Streaming Videos!  (Read 25932 times)

REDACTED

Hi, so I subscribed to the Avast Secureline feature to maximize my Amazon Prime experience. I have not been able to watch nay of the Amazon Prime Streaming Videos yet and it seems like Amazon has put a cork on gateways because I can't even see the trailers. The screen just stalls with the loading screen. Also, I tried posting this topic earlier and Avast's own webforum doesn't even grant me access to the Home screen where I can see all the general forum categories. I had to disconnect Secureline to post this request for assistance. Is there anything I should tweak or do to make Secureline useful?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
There are websites/servers that don't allow traffic coming from a proxy server.
Nothing you can do about.

REDACTED

Eddy, I don't agree; just try for example Easy-Hide-IP which works fine for much less money than Secure line. You can watch any program/website you want. (also in China)

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
You don't have to agree, but it is a fact.

REDACTED

Thanks guys, I am now stuck with a product that doesn't work. Even with normal browsing while connected to Secureline, the browser barely gets anywhere. It's usually stuck at the loading screen.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
Have you tried the different vpn servers?

REDACTED

I have, even the closest one geographically and the connectivity has been poor.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
Even with normal browsing while connected to Secureline, the browser barely gets anywhere.
That sounds like there is a problem with the (or a) vpn server that avast is using. Don't know if it is a known problem to avast, but I did saw a couple of other reports saying the same.

I will try to get avast having a look at things.
That is all I can do for you now.

REDACTED

Ok thank you and I am hoping for positive news

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
Hi,

We aren't having any issues with our servers at the moment.  Will ask the guys in our infrastructure team if they have any ideas what might cause this.

Regards,

Davidek

REDACTED

Re: Secureline: I Can't Watch Any of Amazon Prime's Instant Streaming Videos!
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2016, 10:51:24 AM »
Hi,

I appreciate that this is an old thread, but I'm having the same problem.
Until around a month ago I was playing Amazon movies while on business in Germany. The Secureline VPN worked well.

Now I'm getting an error message from Amazon and the movies (and all other content) won't play.

Any ideas about how to fix this?

Offline HK

• Avast team
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2016, 10:52:46 AM »
Hi David1167,

I tried to watch couple of movies (prime top movies section) yesterday and following servers should work: Chicago, Salt Lake City and San Francisco. Hope it will help.

Regards,
HK

REDACTED

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2016, 06:15:06 PM »
Hi there,
I've got the same problem since yesterday but I am trying to watch Amazon prime in the U.K. And there is only one option unfortunately, which is London.

I encountered the issue after the latest iOS update, not sure whether that could be connected?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2016, 06:51:02 AM »
I encountered the issue after the latest iOS update, not sure whether that could be connected?
-> https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=57.0
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline rysan

• Avast team
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2016, 10:52:34 AM »

Hi felib,

there is only one option unfortunately, which is London.

Do you mean that the SecureLine app is offering only one location (London)? On which platform?

Do you mean only single location is offered in iOS app or only some locations work for Amazon?

Thanks