Author Topic: Secureline: I Can't Watch Any of Amazon Prime's Instant Streaming Videos!  (Read 25931 times)

REDACTED

Re: Secureline: I Can't Watch Any of Amazon Prime's Instant Streaming Videos!
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2016, 06:36:41 PM »
What I mean is that there is only one location that can be chosen for the UK, for the US there are various locations you can choose.

Offline rysan

• Avast team
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2016, 10:02:11 AM »
Ah, ok, my misunderstanding. Currently we are about to add some capacity to our servers, but unfortunately no new locations in UK at the moment.

REDACTED

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2016, 05:56:32 PM »
Hi, I am also having this problem.  Has anyone a solution please?  If London, UK is the only option and it does not work does that mean that AVAST is no longer a product I need as I can't use it any longer for what I wanted it for?  Thanks for any help.  T

REDACTED

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2016, 07:28:21 PM »
Hi,
After very happily using Avast Secureline whilst watching Amazon Prime movies, I now also find I cannot use Avast VPN any longer.  I get Amazon error 4601 geographical licencing restriction.

Based in London, using the London Server.

Reading this thread shows I am not alone, but it doesn't look like there is a solution yet.  I would like to keep using Avast, but will need to find an alternative if one doesn't come along soon.  fingers crossed.

Offline czweili

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2016, 03:00:47 PM »
The same here in Switzerland :-( I guess i have to quit my secure line subscription. It was my main reason for it.

REDACTED

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2016, 05:06:45 PM »
Sorry to hear you guys are having the same problem.  Can anyone from AVAST comment please?  I have two subscriptions and I won't be needing them if AVAST no longer works with amazon.  Thanks

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2016, 08:27:35 AM »
Hi,

We are looking into this but up until now haven't pinpointed the reason why it isn't working for you.  As previously posted by my colleague, we've tried using Amazon Prime via our datacenter locations - NYC, Miami, London, Frankfurt, Prague, and Amsterdam and it works.

Have you tried those locations?

thanks,

Davidek

Offline HK

• Avast team
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2016, 12:00:25 PM »
Hi guys,

which platform? Windows, Mac, iOS or android?

Thanks,
HK

REDACTED

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2016, 02:11:48 PM »
Hi, thanks for two replies.  Slightly puzzled though by the below -

"We are looking into this but up until now haven't pinpointed the reason why it isn't working for you.  As previously posted by my colleague, we've tried using Amazon Prime via our datacenter locations - NYC, Miami, London, Frankfurt, Prague, and Amsterdam and it works."

Why would I try to use NYC, Miami, Frankfurt, Prague and Amsterdam for Amazon Prime UK?  As stated in my post I am trying to connect through London but it does not work (how did you manage to make it work please?).

I have tried on my tablet using the Amazon video ap, I have tried it on my laptop using chrome and firefox.  For all of those I just get the below pop up.

'This video isn't available due to geographical licensing restrictions. For more details, please refer to Amazon Video Terms of Use. For further assistance, please contact Amazon Customer Service at www.amazon.co.uk/videohelp and refer to error 4601.'

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2016, 02:26:57 PM »
Amazon.com seems to have started blocking lots of IP addresses provided by VPN providers.

Why would I try to use NYC, Miami, Frankfurt, Prague and Amsterdam for Amazon Prime UK?
To see if any of them is working as they do for Davideks colleague.

Did you ask Amazon if they are blocking the avast VPN servers ?

It also can be that the geo information is send from your browser and that they are using that to block things.

REDACTED

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2016, 07:08:15 AM »
HI Eddy,   thanks for your comments.

I am still missing something/not understanding something here though in trying the other countries.  I am trying to connect to amazon prime uk, where my subscription is.  With Amazon Prime UK I need to be 'in' the UK for it to work.  So if I tried to go to Amazon UK through NYC/Miami/Frankfurt I am not 'in' the UK - therefor it would not work.  What would be the difference to just trying from the country I am in without using the VPN? 

Please, if you could explain to my what I am missing here in using other countries to log into Amazon Prime UK.  I am no technical person at all so please explain it simply!

As for the geographical information would that still stand as I have tried it in three separate countries?  Also the country it originally worked in last month but now no longer works in?   

Thanks, T

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2016, 08:50:08 AM »
Hi ausTracey,

If I understand correctly you are based in Australia, connecting to the London location (to appear as if you are in the UK) and then trying to access content on Amazon Prime, which is not working.  Is that right? In this case you are right, it doesn't make sense to try any of the other locations.

It appears from the message you are getting that Amazon is able to determine you are not actually in the UK or that you are using a VPN.  Content providers are becoming more adept at identifying VPN use as a way to circumvent geo restrictions on content.

Could you please try one thing?  Please connect to London and then go to the website whatismyip.com -- It will show not only your IP address but also where it thinks you are located.  Please post here the location that this site thinks you are in.

Thank you so much for your patience in this regard.

Sincerely,

Davidek

REDACTED

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2016, 01:35:56 PM »
I am in Ireland at the moment, but normally did access amazon prime from Switzerland.

From both Countries the usage is currently not possible, using avast vpn.

When I connect via the avast frankfurt node, the website whatismyip.com
states, that I am in Germany, but as my Service Provider, the site says, that it is Avast.

I think amazon either blocks your frankfurt IP, or they look at the ISP Entry.

So maybe you just have to change that Entry to something generic or remove that entry. Another try would be, to change the IP-Adress used, or add another german or austrian node.

REDACTED

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2016, 04:35:03 PM »
Hi Davidek,
Like AusTracey I am trying to access Amazon UK.  I am doing this from the UK successfully.  However start the video whilst running Avast VPN and I get Geoblocked.
My IP is showing as London and associated to Avast:

Query round Progress... Servers found
  1          ......              1
  2          ......              1
  3          ......              1
  4          ......              1
  5          ......              1
  6          ......              1
IP                   Hostname                  ISP                           Country
77.234.4X.XX   lon34.ff.avast.com   AVAST Software s.r.o.   United Kingdom

Looks like Amazon is blocking Avast IP addresses.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 04:37:17 PM by wizzlybet »

REDACTED

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2016, 04:38:44 PM »
Hello Davidek, thank you for your reply and clarification.  Apologies for my late response.    Answers to your post below.

If I understand correctly you are based in Australia, connecting to the London location (to appear as if you are in the UK) and then trying to access content on Amazon Prime, which is not working.  Is that right? In this case you are right, it doesn't make sense to try any of the other locations.

You are correct on most of the above.  Except I am not in Australia but traveling through SE Asia. 

It appears from the message you are getting that Amazon is able to determine you are not actually in the UK or that you are using a VPN.  Content providers are becoming more adept at identifying VPN use as a way to circumvent geo restrictions on content.

Could you please try one thing?  Please connect to London and then go to the website whatismyip.com -- It will show not only your IP address but also where it thinks you are located.  Please post here the location that this site thinks you are in.

Thank you so much for your patience in this regard.