Author Topic: VRDB info ?  (Read 8602 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: VRDB info ?
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2005, 03:56:23 AM »
But I was also  curious about where Tech was able to find "user numbers" which can be used in a URL address to find posts by any user (including myself).  Tech posted this URL for instance: "//forum.avast.com/index.php?action=profile;u=14919;sa=showPosts"
Put the mouse over an user name and look to the status bar of the browser  :)

I was just curious how Tech was able to get these "user numbers" in the first place, but I guess Tech wants to keep this a secret :-[ ;)
There is no secrets in avast! forums  ;D

Anyway, yes just as you say there is a much simpler way to find your own posts in the user profile than the method Tech had offered but it is only your own.  (of course that was what I wanted in the first place anyway and it took my unsuccessful attempt at finding where "user numbers" are to at least lead me to that link you speak of)   :o
Ok, a simpler method will be good but as far they give us this method, take my trick  8)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 04:19:47 AM by Tech »
The best things in life are free.

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2005, 04:09:35 AM »
^ Thanks for the quick response Tech, your method is apparently the way to go if someone needs to see posts other than their own.   ;)  Thanks for the info  8) 
Processor: i3 2.53 GHz 4 GIG RAM, OS: WIN 7, Connection: High Speed, Virus/Malware Protection: Avast-2015, SpywareBlaster, Windows Firewall & Defender. Email: Outlook 2010 w/ POP Peeper Email Notifiers.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2005, 04:20:32 AM »
Thanks for the info  8) 
You're welcome  8)
Enjoy avast! forums speed  ;)

roro

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2005, 09:15:52 AM »
Your Welcome.

8) 8)

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2005, 07:31:54 AM »
Well now that we have know more about how to find a users posts, maybe we can get back to the "real" reason for this thread.  ;D

So is there any way to actually view the VRDB file, and see it's size like say you can on any other files in a windows operating system.  I understand that Avast will keep the most current THREE VRDB generated files.

It would be nice to be able to see when they were generated (dates and times) and to see the file size.

Is that possible ?  ???  Or is the only information available on the "skin" that tells the "date" and "time" of the last  VRDB generation.
Processor: i3 2.53 GHz 4 GIG RAM, OS: WIN 7, Connection: High Speed, Virus/Malware Protection: Avast-2015, SpywareBlaster, Windows Firewall & Defender. Email: Outlook 2010 w/ POP Peeper Email Notifiers.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2005, 01:45:11 PM »
So is there any way to actually view the VRDB file, and see it's size like say you can on any other files in a windows operating system.  I understand that Avast will keep the most current THREE VRDB generated files.
No. The three last versions stored are inside into the same VRDB file.

It would be nice to be able to see when they were generated (dates and times) and to see the file size.
Right now, it's not possible. Maybe you can post into the wishlist.