Author Topic: Subscription code?  (Read 11628 times)

REDACTED

Subscription code?
« on: January 13, 2015, 12:43:55 PM »
Hi,

I bougnt a SecureLine product for a year period usage on iPhone App Store.

I just flashed my iPhone then download the app, but find it expired!

I have only used 3 months.

I find there is a place to input subscription code, but it seems APPLE doesn't give me this code before.

Could some avast people help solve this problem them.

I telephoned apple support, that they don't know how to handle either!

Thanks!

REDACTED

Re: Subscription code?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 12:47:19 PM »
I found apple emails, it has only a receipt No. inside which is of some usage.

Offline jobert

• Avast team
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 01:08:36 PM »
Hi,

Please get in touch with Avast Support: https://support.avast.com/ and explain that you've reseted your iPhone and lost your subscription code.
You will need to provide the receipt from Apple, just as proof of the purchase.
They will, then, generate a subscription code for you. Please enter it on SecureLine and save it somewhere, so you can use it to restore the subscription again, if necessary.

We are working on improvements for the next version (to be released soon). The new subscriptions will be better handled. :)

Kind regards,

Jobert
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 01:11:30 PM by jobert »

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 11:23:32 AM »
Hi,

I do not get anyone to help solve this issue today, as there is urgent requirement I have to buy a one-month SecureLine service today from iPhone again to use while the one-year service issue unsolved.

The subscription code issue should be your problem, as I remember, when I bought from Android successfully there seems that a email with subscription code is also sent to me.

Offline jobert

• Avast team
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 11:46:47 AM »
The iOS and Android versions work very differently.
Due to restrictions on iOS, we can not identify your email address or your account somehow at the moment of the purchase, so we can not send you an email with that subscription code.
Therefore, the approach we take is to save it on your device. So, in case you delete and reinstall the app, you will still have it there. But that will be lost in case you reset your device.

Please contact support as I explained before, because only them can solve this issue. With the proper information (your receipt), you will get a subscription code.

Regards,

Jobert

Offline Martin H.

• Avast team
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 12:05:37 PM »
The new release (coming soon) is solving this problem of loosing a subscription after reset. This will work for all new subscriptions bought with new release.

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 09:17:56 AM »
I just purchased avast secure line. Initially I availed the trial version. Then afterwards I purchased the 1 month subscription. When my free trial expired I tried to renew subscription. However, avast asked a subscription code. I did not receive any such code after my purchase of the 1 Month product. Can anyone help me?

Offline jobert

• Avast team
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 11:30:23 AM »
Simone, did you try to use the Restore subscription button on the top of the Subscription screen?
But first you need to login with the same iTunes account you used to purchase the subscription. You can login by going to your device Settings > iTunes & App Store.
If it keeps asking you for a subscription code that you don't have, please get in touch with our Support team. They'll need you to provide them the receipt of your purchase (you probably received it from Apple by email).
https://support.avast.com

Jobert

Offline anarkii

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2015, 03:27:03 PM »
Hi everyone. Rather than making a new topic I thought id just ask here.

If I have a current subscription for Securline for the PC and a licence.avastvpn file, do I need to purchase a separate subscription for my iPhone or can I use a code in that file to activate my premium service? If I can use the licence.avastvpn file, where in it is the code needed to restore my subscription?

Thanks all :)

Offline jobert

• Avast team
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2015, 04:37:29 PM »
Hi anarkii,

Unfortunately, the licenses are not cross-platform, you would need to buy a subscription for SecureLine iOS.

Regards,

Jobert

Offline anarkii

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2015, 05:17:28 AM »
Hi anarkii,

Unfortunately, the licenses are not cross-platform, you would need to buy a subscription for SecureLine iOS.

Regards,

Jobert

This makes me sad. :(

Thank you Jobert for the reply.

Offline jobert

• Avast team
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2015, 09:53:03 AM »
Hi anarkii, we understand the frustration.
Integrating these licenses is in our plan, but that will be a bit complicated to work out soon.

In case of iOS, you might be interested also in another app that we plan to release soon this year - it's called SecureMe, and it will be a free VPN app to protect you while connected to public WiFis.
You can read more about it here: https://blog.avast.com/2015/03/02/new-avast-secureme-app-protects-ios-and-android-users-from-wi-fi-hacking/

Cheers!

Jobert