Author Topic: Clients not getting New Licence info  (Read 7240 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline jmbmichael

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 4
Clients not getting New Licence info
« on: January 13, 2015, 03:52:51 PM »
I updated our Avast edu license a few days ago but it does not seem to be passing the info on to the clients, they are still giving warnings that subscription expires in a couple of days. Surely we don't have to manually push out new updates to all the clients do we? This is our first renewal but with all other products we've used the clients always pick up that info from the server.

Offline ironman37

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 17
Re: Clients not getting New Licence info
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 04:19:13 PM »
So it's been a couple of days since you posted. Im curious to know if your license was ever pushed out to your clients or did they all expire. i am getting close to the same situation.

Offline Bruce Sarte

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 1
Re: Clients not getting New Licence info
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 04:03:13 PM »
I updated our Avast edu license a few days ago but it does not seem to be passing the info on to the clients, they are still giving warnings that subscription expires in a couple of days. Surely we don't have to manually push out new updates to all the clients do we? This is our first renewal but with all other products we've used the clients always pick up that info from the server.

Hi Gang -- anyone resolve this yet?  We are having the same issue here...  we have not been able to get the license to push down to existing clients.  If we re-image a machine and do a fresh install of Avast, it works fine -- but not to existing machines.

Any help out there??

Offline /# Thomas #/

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 33
Re: Clients not getting New Licence info
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 07:15:48 PM »
For machines that are talking to the server properly*, our licenses are updating automatically within minutes across the domain.

Some machines I noticed, however, did not update until they were rebooted. Possibly some system file lock preventing the update from processing?

*We have another issue with random machines inexplicably not talking to the server, even after a clean reinstallaiton using the removal app and AEA console remote install.

Offline chrisfranzen

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 2
Re: Clients not getting New Licence info
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 03:07:25 PM »
Just curious if anyone every got resolve for this issue. 

Offline /# Thomas #/

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 33
Re: Clients not getting New Licence info
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 06:40:40 PM »
make sure you do not have more machines than your license limit

Offline Che Johnson

  • Moderator
  • Full Member
  • *
  • Posts: 140
Re: Clients not getting New Licence info
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 09:31:30 AM »
Try rebooting the machine as it will take some time for the client services to reconnect to the server and then also check to make sure your firewalls or ports are either disabled or open.

If all above is true, check the computer catalog on your EA and check to see if there are any key icons over that specific client machine, if so...Then it could represent your over your license count and would need to either increase your seat count or remove any unwanted machines from your active directory.

Hope this helps...