Author Topic: REFUND  (Read 2286 times)

REDACTED

REFUND
« on: January 14, 2015, 03:15:24 AM »
I could not download the license so I sent this ticket. I have not received a refund or reply???

Hello, This is the second time I have asked. Can you let me know if you have done a charge back on my credit card yet. I tried to download and install the file for Secure VPN Service, It will only download in NOTEPAD, so I cannot install it. I was told that for Avast to help it would cost $ 179.00. I am requesting a refund for both the phone and computer as I am unable to even download it properly. Ticket: #KBT-131-55112     Order Date: December 12, 2014  Thanks, John

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: REFUND
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 01:21:13 AM »
Hello, This is the second time I have asked
No, this is your first post here. It can't therefor not be the second time you are asking.
I tried to download and install the file for Secure VPN Service, It will only download in NOTEPAD, so I cannot install it.
The file is a exe(cutable). If it opens in notepad when you try to download it, there is something wrong in your browser settings. Most likely a setting with the mime types. Why not fix that and then download the application ?

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 05:34:52 AM »
Hello,    You are correct this is the first time I have posted to the forum. I should have been more clear that I had contacted Avast by phone and emails previously with no success. I suspected that it should be an easy fix, but I do not know very much about computers. What is a mime type and how would I go about fixing it? I have Firefox web browser. Any help would be appreciated.Thanks

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 11:49:48 AM »
When you click on a exe(cutable) file in a browser, you should get the window that is asking if you want to run or save the file.
If it automatically opens with notepad, there is definitely something wrong.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/applications-panel-set-how-firefox-handles-files

Search for exe there, if it is found we likely have found the problem.

If it is not there, we look further into the problem.