Author Topic: Everything but billing?!  (Read 3502 times)

REDACTED

Everything but billing?!
« on: January 29, 2015, 03:47:22 PM »
Seriously? I can see everything on this site except the useful information, like how to stop the auto payments... I have attempted several times to go through the customer support site and it says that my order ID is incorrect, yet well I was charged almost $40 for this software by Avast, and I have the email stating it...

So either I am going to be calling my credit card company and forcing this to be removed, or I am going to get the attention of support here since the way I pay is PayPal, so I can't use the last four digits of my credit card to get help. 

Avast has gone from a great service to one that is more convoluted than Microsoft, and EA... and that is saying something.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Everything but billing?!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 04:18:34 PM »
As an avast user and not an employee, I can only try to point you in the f.a.q. information.

Check out this information - Disabling Automatic Renewal service for Avast products https://www.avast.com/en-us/faq.php?article=AVKB126#artTitle.

Disabling Automatic Renewal service for Avast products purchased via Nexway https://www.avast.com/en-us/FAQ/AVKB136. You could also check to see if your Order number can be found at [/url]https://store.avast.com/DRHM/store?Action=DisplayCustomerServiceOrderSearchPage&SiteID=avast[/ur].

Whilst these don't directly mention PayPal, there may be other information in that general area - I just wonder how they can set up an auto renewal through PayPal, I haven't come across that.

Personally I would check out the PayPal site and see if there is information on how an auto renewal can be set up and at the same time how that instruction could be terminated.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 05:25:48 PM »
Auto renewal is possible through Paypal if the user has connected a bank account or credit card to his Paypal account.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 06:04:46 PM »
Auto renewal is possible through Paypal if the user has connected a bank account or credit card to his Paypal account.

Yes, but by the same means, surely it is possible to also cancel repeat/renewal payments.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Shelzstar1

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 10:46:39 AM »
I have followed the FAQ advice.  It will not let me cancel - because it says "Enter a valid email address." even though this is the email address the site sent my password reminder too. It is very sneaky and I am getting really annoyed - since I have been on hold on the phone for 15 minutes now!  >:(  :-\

I was only cancelling because the laptop with avast has broken and my other laptop has another software. I was considering re-subscribing once that software had expired there is NO way AVAST will get any money from me now.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2015, 01:28:01 PM »
As has been explained 100's of times, the phone number is for technical support only, not for asking a refund.
Also look at what is on your screen.
There is the "Need help? Please contact us"...