Author Topic: How long for a refund?  (Read 4784 times)

REDACTED

How long for a refund?
« on: January 15, 2015, 08:28:25 PM »
So I honestly liked Avast so I bought the premium and then it did the disable keyboard and touchpad thing on my laptop. I shouldn't have to go through leaps and hoops to get this program to work right for my laptop so I want a refund but after 72 hours after submitting a ticket I haven't gotten any messages about it. Not to mention of shady this website is (It won't let me turn off auto renewal, hard to find how to submit tickets and no numbers to call about the issue either). I honestly just want to get my money back, tack my payment info off so they can't charge me with the auto renewal and go on with my life.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: How long for a refund?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 08:55:39 PM »
It can take up to 10 working days - but some delays have occurred over the holiday period.

Provided you have submitted your refund request within the 30 day period it would still be processed. If you can post the Support Ticket ID number in this topic.

Whatever you do, don't submit another or amend/update the existing one - Submitting multiple tickets can actually slow the process as the tickets are dealt with in a first in first out basis. So for now don't update or submit further tickets - refunds can take up to ten working days to be handled.

You can however use the on-line contact form, http://www.avast.com/contact-form.php?loadStyles to contact Sales.

Put as much information in that as possible - Support ticket ID number, receipt/payment number, email, etc. A link to this topic wouldn't hurt. In the meantime I will try to attract some attention to this topic.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 10:15:13 PM »
I submitted a ticket on 12/5. I sent a message today, hoping my issue would be expedited. I do hope so. You really need to step up your customer service and provide a PHONE NUMBER. Your facebook page told me to "be patient". I'm tired of hearing that, almost 2 months and no word from you. How is that acceptable?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 10:19:38 PM »
I submitted a ticket on 12/5. I sent a message today, hoping my issue would be expedited. I do hope so. You really need to step up your customer service and provide a PHONE NUMBER. Your facebook page told me to "be patient". I'm tired of hearing that, almost 2 months and no word from you. How is that acceptable?
Check back here tomorrow ..... i will see if i can contact somone for you