Author Topic: Problem with constantly requesting pin on nexus 7 2013 lollipop  (Read 1841 times)

REDACTED

Problem with constantly requesting pin on nexus 7 2013 lollipop
« on: January 16, 2015, 10:28:50 AM »
I have run avast mobile security for a year or two with no problems, but when I updated my nexus 7 2013 to lollipop I started having problems with avast requesting me to enter my pin seemingly randomly.  It happens when I swipe to unlock from the lock screen, it happens when I open applications, it seems to happen a lot!  I have pin locked settings and google play but all other applications are not locked and yet sometimes seem to require the avast pin to access!  This did not happen prior to lollipop upgrade.  I have just uninstalled and re-installed to see if that will fix it ... has anybody else seen this problem?  Is it just a me thing?

REDACTED

Re: Problem with constantly requesting pin on nexus 7 2013 lollipop
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 10:42:02 AM »
Uninstall and reinstall did not work ... trying turning off (!!!) all pin locking ...

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 12:03:01 PM »
Well that seems to work, trying selectively turning on pin locking for settings ... then google play ...

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 08:48:41 AM »
Well, that seems to have fixed it ... Working ok now despite having all the settings back as they were ...

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 03:34:22 PM »
Anyway thanks for the report. In case the PIN problem will occur again, please let us know.