Author Topic: Main Program won't open  (Read 21775 times)

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Main Program won't open
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2005, 09:43:12 AM »
Not really, I'm afraid - one user wrote me that he had a similar problem, and finally found out that it was caused by IconPackager. On the other hand, he also wrote that an updated version (3.00b.093 at that time) should be available, fixing the problem.

armedmonkey

« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2005, 09:08:16 PM »
hm.. very interesting. I don't see a 3.00b version, the latest i see is 3.00a. I will try uninstalling it, but i doubt it will make any difference since the program does not need to be run for the effects to be maintained.

ross

« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2005, 05:01:47 AM »
I can confirm IconPackager stops Avast! from working in the manner you have described. I formatted my HDD (needed to anyway) and didnt re-install the offending products. No problems now :)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2005, 05:11:54 AM »
I can confirm IconPackager stops Avast! from working in the manner you have described. I formatted my HDD (needed to anyway) and didnt re-install the offending products. No problems now :)
Thanks for posting...
Anyway, a friend of mine have both avast! and IconPackager working togheter... Maybe a 3rd software is involved too  ::)
The best things in life are free.

ross

« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2005, 06:33:09 AM »
Windowblinds or WindowFX maybe? I had both of those too...

armedmonkey

« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2005, 07:16:54 PM »
I have IconPackager Installed (3.0a... latest version on their site). but it's never in the memory unless i'm changing settings.
I HAD windowfx, just to play with it, but i uninstalled it already =/

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2005, 07:22:23 PM »
but it's never in the memory unless i'm changing settings.
Ok, IconPackager is not in memory but it changes settings and how programs are displayed.
Can you bakcup your icon packagers (collections), uninstall the application, boot and try to use avast?
The best things in life are free.

armedmonkey

« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2005, 07:52:53 PM »
i'll do that when i get home. but i'm actually curious now if anyone knows what exactly IP changes?

---

Confirmed: it has to do with iconpackager... unfortunately i can't get the updated beta yet =p. i wonder what exactly it has to do with though. If i uninstall IP, reboot, i can run the main program and everything, even if i reinstall it and enable it (until my next reboot)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2005, 03:10:08 AM by armedmonkey »