Author Topic: Lock phone command without screen on and siren activation  (Read 1469 times)

REDACTED

Lock phone command without screen on and siren activation
« on: January 19, 2015, 12:41:12 AM »
I tried several times but same thing happen so:

a) is it possible to only lock a phone without activation of siren?
b) also without activation screen backlight?
c) i think Avast have to fix this... after I remotely lock the phone backlight is on until full battery discharge... no sense!

Explanation:
a) I left mobile phone at known place, for example on my desk in a company. I come home and I realize that and I only want to lock it, without any attracting attention to phone. But, automatically with locking siren is activated. No, I want only to lock device
b) if I want to lock it, why screen backlight should be on?
c) I want only lock phone that (in this example) on one of collegues can do anything. But as long as LOCK is activated also backlight activated, so next morning I come to the office I have empty battery. Great!

REDACTED

Re: Lock phone command without screen on and siren activation
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 08:59:39 AM »
a) my.avast.com -> mobile_device -> "Settings" -> "Anti-Theft" -> "Protection behavior" -> "Siren on Lock"
  or from mobile app: "Advanced Settings" -> "Protection Behavior" -> "Sound siren"

b) as far as I know, it is not possible now.
I asked about the ability to turn the screen off after using "Message send" feature. The answer was:
"Dear user,
I am sorry but there is no command to turn the screen off. If the message is shown then the screen of the device will be turned on until it is turned off manually using power/standby button."

c) +1. Fast battery discharge is the main reason that I asked this question (via feedback option in app).
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 09:04:01 AM by L3 »