Author Topic: Zone Alarm 6 Some Answers  (Read 5434 times)

Offline TedNelly

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Trust No-One!
Zone Alarm 6 Some Answers
« on: September 17, 2005, 05:55:27 AM »
This may help answer some of the Questions posed by some forum user re ZA 6.667.000

"ZoneAlarm update fixes tricky glitches

By Brian Livingston

Burned users howled when they ran into problems with the new, 6.0 version of ZoneAlarm Pro and ZoneAlarm Security Suite last month — but the makers of the award-winning software have now released an update that they say corrects the errors.

I reported on Aug. 11 that the original July 21 "point-oh" release of the Zone Labs family — technically speaking, version 6.0.631 — was being blamed by users for conflicting with other applications, interfering with POP3 e-mail downloads, and worse. I quoted Zone Labs as saying that the troubles were caused by installing version 6.0 over an older version. This, of course, should have been fine and the company hadn't previously advised users that a clean install was necessary.

The new 6.0.667 build of ZoneAlarm products, released on Sept. 6, is being credited by experienced users with fixing most or all of the reported difficulties.

"As far as I can see, they have fixed all bugs that I have reported on the beta, including a nasty BSOD [Blue Screen of Death] with a known antivirus," says a user named Fax, a frequent contributor to Zone Alarm's user forum.

"Do NOT install version 6.0.631.003," writes another correspondent named GreyBird. "The version that fixed many of the problems you have read about is version 6.0.667.000. Install the newer version instead."

A new build ends Zone Labs' headaches

Every developer of complex software dreads the day that some unforeseen glitch ruins the day for users. Having been hit with just such a bad dream, Zone Labs can be complimented for recognizing the problem and issuing an update much quicker than some larger software companies I could name.

In an interview, Zone Labs spokeswoman Allison Wagda acknowledged that the new 6.0.667 release was designed to correct known issues. "The update was specifically targeted for those users who had challenges upgrading to the 6.0 product," she states. "The primary problem was with the upgrade install process."

http://windowssecrets.com/comp/050811/#baseli

http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/free/information/zass/releaseHistory.html

http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/board/message?board.id=inst&message.id=38422#M38422

http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/board/message?board.id=inst&message.id=38943#M38943
« Last Edit: September 17, 2005, 05:58:03 AM by P3t3rb0nn »
Windows 10 Pro | Intel I7 CPU | 16 Gig 2133 RAM | Avast beta 17.5.2295 | Firefox 54 b9(64-bit) | Cyberfox 52.1 | T-Bird 52.1.1 | SpyWareBlaster 5.5 | MalwareBytes 3.0.0.865 | WinPatrol 35.5.2 | GlassWire 1.2.100 | Cybereason Ransomfree 2.2.7 |  Pulla-dePlug Final!

MFB

Re: Zone Alarm 6 Some Answers
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 06:39:40 AM »
Hey P3t3rb0nn although I like how you put in the effort to put all of this together, that  new version of Zone Alarm still troubles me.  Not just me, but some other people too have this problem when using the latest version.  I know alot of you guys have no problem, but for some of us, we're sticking with the early version until we get some response from the people from Zone Lab which I hope real soon.   :'(

Offline TedNelly

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Trust No-One!
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2005, 07:01:09 AM »
Hey P3t3rb0nn although I like how you put in the effort to put all of this together, that  new version of Zone Alarm still troubles me.  Not just me, but some other people too have this problem when using the latest version.  I know alot of you guys have no problem, but for some of us, we're sticking with the early version until we get some response from the people from Zone Lab which I hope real soon.   :'(

I agree with you 100% Turkey I'm not totally pleased with ZA myself. The people at ZA have been aware of

incompatibility issues with their software for a long time now, however they appear to have done very little

The problem with Privacy settings "Cookie control, Ad Blocking and mobile code" is well known and that the

ZA people just do nothing about the issue is never addressed by them.
Windows 10 Pro | Intel I7 CPU | 16 Gig 2133 RAM | Avast beta 17.5.2295 | Firefox 54 b9(64-bit) | Cyberfox 52.1 | T-Bird 52.1.1 | SpyWareBlaster 5.5 | MalwareBytes 3.0.0.865 | WinPatrol 35.5.2 | GlassWire 1.2.100 | Cybereason Ransomfree 2.2.7 |  Pulla-dePlug Final!

denisc

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2005, 09:47:03 AM »
Hello,

With ZA free  6.0.667 and Avast my computer crash :
"stop error" screens the stop: 0x... line was this line:
aswMon2.SYS - Address EE5D853D base at EE5D2000, Date stamp 42889Dbe

?

Do you have any solution ?

Thanks

galooma

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2005, 10:32:49 AM »
Hi and welcome , did you get a mini dump file?
if so e,mail it to VLK  here and describe what happened as it  may or may not be useful for others in using this program.

denisc

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2005, 04:26:46 PM »
ok I'll do it immediatly
Thanks