Author Topic: Refund (Solved)  (Read 12795 times)

REDACTED

Refund (Solved)
« on: January 19, 2015, 11:29:11 PM »
Dear Avast team (and Avast Superstars),

I have searched on the forum and have read many of the responses about the delayed time about refunds. With that said, I could use your, or someone on the Avast team, help.

My auto-renewal came up on my Avast Pro - ending December 23rd, 2014 in which I got an email and notification through the Avast system. Upon some digging, Avast offered me internet security for a cheaper price than the the Pro license renewal price. I went ahead and bought the internet security license, installed it and everything was hunky dory - my thought that this license was would "override" my current Pro license and the internet security license would be my default renewal date. This was done on December 17th, 2014.
I know. Complete rookie mistake.

On the 24th, 2014, I was sent an email that my subscription was autmomatically renewed and suffice it to say, my old "pro" license was auto-renewed. On 12/26/2014, I sent a request into customer support requesting a refund for my Pro license and put a copy of both my orders into the system explaining what had happened.

It is now Jan. 19th, 2015 and I have not received any response from the Avast team which the exception of the general Auto reply email. In addition, when I try to "turn off" my auto renewal via the previously provided links in the forum, it keeps telling me that my email address is not valid  or I have the wrong password....even though it is the same one that my autorenewal was sent to and I'm able to log into the system perfectly fine when going through the main account log in (!!!??).

How much longer do I wait for any type of response and refund request? I know it takes some time but I'm sitting at 14 business days now - do I wait longer? I know NOT to continue to add to the ticket as that pushes it back. Any idea how to manage my renewals?

Help??? Ticket ID and such are below:

Ticket ID: GHL-666-58986
   Subject: Duplicate license - need refund
   Department: .Refunds
   Type: Issue
   Priority: ReplyNow

Thanks guys!

Cheers,
Murph

« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 12:49:24 PM by lukas.hasik »

REDACTED

Re: Refund (and subsequent removal of Auto Renewal)
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 11:45:50 PM »
Update: I finally got the Auto-Renewal turned off. Wow..that was...complex?

So now, I just need to deal with the refund. Again, any assistance/guidance would be appreciated. Thanks everyone in advance!

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 05:06:43 AM »
Well my situation is almost identical to this one.  Still awaiting a reply from AVAST.  PRIOR TO THIS EXPERIENCE I had never had anyone simply locate another one of my credit cards and use it to authorize a year of AVAST!  This is scary!  I had mistakenly assumed that when they were unable to authorize a purchase using an expired account, that I would not have to worry about an auto-renewal taking place.  Wrong!
Any other ideas?

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 03:16:43 PM »
Yikes. This doesn't give me a lot of hope guys!!!! : >:(

Djshelda, out of curiosity, when did you register your complaint?

I've done a lot of searching on the board so I can appreciate that they are busy and these things take time. I can also appreciate that it was my mistake to not turn off auto-renewal. I won't rehash old conversations about the ease in which it can be done however I find it odd:

1) Not being able to physically talk to someone on the phone? I know there are costs associated with it but to be fair, they have a sales team.

2) NO reply on an active ticket and then, when responding or asking for an update, it could potentially send it to the bottom again?

Anyway, if nothing else, it was a $30 mistake I will never make again and I guess I'll just have a license that I will never use for a year?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 03:39:40 PM »
Disabling Automatic Renewal service for Avast orders distributed by Nexway
https://www.avast.com/en-us/faq.php?article=AVKB136#artTitle

Disabling Automatic Renewal service for Avast orders distributed by Digital River
https://www.avast.com/en-us/faq.php?article=AVKB126#artTitle

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 04:32:19 PM »
Thanks Pondus. Found those links right after I posted - didn't see them in the body of the forum conversation...now about that refund.  ;)

*edit - fixed the title of the thread*
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 05:03:38 PM by xanax76 »

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 05:49:22 PM »
Update: I finally got the Auto-Renewal turned off. Wow..that was...complex?

So now, I just need to deal with the refund. Again, any assistance/guidance would be appreciated. Thanks everyone in advance!

we'll handle the refund in your ticketing portal - in ticket #GHL-666-58986

Avast! does not give refunds. Period.
I easily got my AutoRenewal turned off by phoniug avast! Their policy on refunds is sufficient reason never to opt for AutoRenewal!
What is wrong on refund guarantee for 30 days? And yes, I can confirm that your auto-renewal was turned off on 8th of January. But your daughter was charged already. Lets move our conversation into ticket #TVH-186-43895 which you submitted about it.

I'm sorry about the delay
Lukas
Quality is also a feature.

REDACTED

Re: Refund
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 06:01:43 PM »
Lukas (and anyone else)

Thank you very much for your prompt attention! Much Appreciated. Just didn't know if I should wait longer so apologies if this wasn't the proper forum.

Just wanted to let everyone know that the Avast team responded to my request. We are sorting through just extending it out a year. Really appreciate the help and hopefully didn't hurt any feelings in the process!

Cheers!

REDACTED

Re: Refund
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2015, 04:03:27 PM »
Just wanted to update everyone - Avast's customer support took care of everything. Canceled the old license and now have a two year license applied to my account. TY for taking care of this Avast!

REDACTED

Re: Refund (Solved)
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2015, 01:04:57 PM »
Hi, i am having similar problems.

I've used the contact Avast (https://www.avast.com/contact-form.php?loadStyles) page to raise a query for a refund due to auto renewal, but have yet to recieve an email with a ticket id, so not sure how i can chase up for any progress.

My original order reference number was: 13158571800

I would really appreciate if you could at least let me know if the refund request has been recieved, or if i should raise it via a different page to that above,

Thanks

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2015, 02:18:03 PM »
Hi, i am having similar problems.

I've used the contact Avast (https://www.avast.com/contact-form.php?loadStyles) page to raise a query for a refund due to auto renewal, but have yet to recieve an email with a ticket id, so not sure how i can chase up for any progress.

My original order reference number was: 13158571800

I would really appreciate if you could at least let me know if the refund request has been recieved, or if i should raise it via a different page to that above,

Thanks

Tommy, your request was received. You should check your spam folder if it isn't in your inbox...

thx
Lukas
Quality is also a feature.

REDACTED

Refund Request
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2015, 12:26:24 PM »
I have submitted a refund request over 12 days ago for order #15720831900 under Ticket ID: 50142.
It says someone should contact you within 24 hours and still nothing. I would say it's been longer than that. On top of that they charged my bank account which has been closed and I'm getting overdraft fees! Getting this refund has been a hussle and I would like some actual help.
Please let me me know what's going on?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2015, 12:50:34 PM »
Posting in a thread that is dead for almost a year is not a smart thing to do.
Especially since it has (Solved) in the topic.

REDACTED

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2015, 10:47:08 PM »
If the issue is solved then common sense should dictate that this thread should be deleted to avoid confusion. >:(

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2015, 10:51:25 PM »
If the issue is solved then common sense should dictate that this thread should be deleted to avoid confusion. >:(
So all solved topics should be deleted, so that info that others can find and use is also deleted .....