Author Topic: Avast updates "reccommend Google Chrome"  (Read 1631 times)

REDACTED

Avast updates "reccommend Google Chrome"
« on: December 17, 2015, 04:37:34 AM »
Any time Avast notices a software update available, the pop up, which by the way, helps me keep programs up to date, always recommends I install Google Chrome. I once used Chrome, actually for over a year. Then I started reading in other Forums I frequent the Google software AND their Browser are full of spyware and tracking software so, I deleted it and went back to Mozilla Firefox.
   Is this true or not? Is Chrome actually a good browser without all the crap I am reading about or, should I stick with Firefox?

REDACTED

Re: Avast updates "reccommend Google Chrome"
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 11:46:26 AM »
I would not exactly use the term spyware but chrome does track you but most browsers track its users to give you the proper web content etc.
The google terms and conditions specify clearly what data is retained as does the privacy whitepaper.

So,
Its a take it or leave it with chrome.But considering it is the most used browser in the world it does not attain this distinction by being a spyware.A spyware installs without user permission.
Firefox uses the google safe browsing API so URL tracking is still present even in firefox,unless you turn the feature off.

I personally feel its very unfair to class chrome as spyware or what ever when google provides very clear and concise information on what they collect with user data.