Author Topic: Reset Administrator Password in avast! Enterprise Administration Console  (Read 22396 times)

starwindenterprises

Hi! I need to change the default admin password for avast! Enterprise Administration Console.

I have referred to the manual which would like me to use the EAS Maintenance tool. Unfortunately, I do not have an option to "Reset Password" as stated on page 23 of the PDF manual.
http://files.avast.com/files/documentation/enterprise-administration-user-guide.pdf

I have referred to the Knowledge Base which would like me to use the CLI, however the command specified is not applicable due to ?updates/changes/etc..? in the program that have been made since the creation of that document. The directory structures have changed and the command is unrecognized.
https://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=1026

Please Help?

I would like to add that so far I have been able to install the software, deploy endpoints remotely, create groupings of computers, scheduled scans, opened necessary TCP/UDP ports, and etc....
This software seems pretty easy to use...so IDK why I'm having such a hard time changing the admin password!!!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 08:53:05 PM by starwindenterprises »

Che Johnson

Try using the following...

Run the following command and then check the EAS Maintenance tool afterwards.

C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Enterprise Administration\AmsTool.exe /pwdreset

or

C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Enterprise Administration\AmsTool.exe -pwdreset

starwindenterprises

Try using the following...

Run the following command and then check the EAS Maintenance tool afterwards.

C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Enterprise Administration\AmsTool.exe /pwdreset

or

C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Enterprise Administration\AmsTool.exe -pwdreset

This worked! When I ran the command via CLI, the EAS Maintenance tool immediately displayed with the appropriate "Reset Password" button.

Thank you!

ironman37

Also if you just needed to change it from the default password you could change it in the Users folder within the AEA console.

REDACTED

Re: Reset Administrator Password in avast! Enterprise Administration Console
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 10:06:31 PM »
I'm in the same boat.  I don't have the password reset button in the AEA maintenance tool.  When I run the command stated above the command is not recognized.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 03:12:22 PM »
Be wary as it will not limit the length of the password you try to set it to, but there is a limit.

When you put that password to log into the AEA Console you will get an error.

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 03:16:40 PM »
Also if you just needed to change it from the default password you could change it in the Users folder within the AEA console.