Author Topic: Clarification on Avast with Enterprise Admin Console  (Read 1632 times)

REDACTED

Clarification on Avast with Enterprise Admin Console
« on: January 21, 2015, 12:01:33 AM »
Hoping someone can clear up some confusion.

We have the Avast Enterprise Administration Console installed on a local Windows server.    We have also started to deploy the Avast Endpoint Protection Suite clients to our desktops using the Enterprise Administration Console.   One thing we cannot figure out is --> Do the clients receive their Virus Definitions directly from Avast or directly from the Enterprise Administration Console?   

When opening the Avast Endpoint program on the clients, we can't seem to determine WHERE the clients are getting updates, either from Avast or from the Enterprise Administration Console server? 

Second question.... from the Enterprise Administration Console server, when I run a netstat -ano | find "16135" , the result is NOTHING.  There is NO service/process running on that port, so I think something might be broke?   Furthermore, I cannot view any logs in the Enterprise Administration Console because it directs me to myserver.mydomain.com:16135 in a browser which displays a Page Cannot Be Displayed (this is happening because port 16135 isn't even listening on the server).

Any help here?