Author Topic: Scan took out everything !! DONT DELEAT, MOVE TO CHEST INSTEAD  (Read 14040 times)

JJjr

Re: Scan took out everything !!
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2005, 05:15:29 AM »
did i look in the right place fo rthe log ? thee should still be a log even if done on deman ,? right  :D

JJjr

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2005, 02:02:20 PM »
othermoved all the stuff i want to keep to the othere HD, after work I'm going to run my XP CD and reformat.. When all done and sead, i will be back to get this bug killer again. just want to say to the readers  that what happen was more then kicky my fault. I'm use to simple Simon programs where you just click ,yes,yes,OK,, and done But most of then dint work and your still left with the bug your trying to get res of. And to the maker of this Avast. thx for make this a FREE all in one Program for Home usurers like me. And to hard hat, sorry for the attitude at the being of this post. And to the Army dude, your way cool  ;) And stop looking in my Pc.lolol  jk. i got my wifes PC up to date and have that wed site on setting up your PC saved and Will be going there to do some reading.. So peace out and back soon  ;D  Work calls. week end over. got to get back a it  Hailz to all the teak heads that keep this going.

justin1278

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2005, 12:39:34 AM »
Excuse me i am 13.

JJjr

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2005, 02:59:47 AM »
No. No. Excuse !!! ME. Come no. a guy types 3 letters. In the heat of the moment , and that gets more responce then the problem ?!  >:( Give me a break here. been given some good tips on updateting my fire wall and stuff.  got a letter in the mail from your tek . saying boot in safe mode look for the problem and fix, if you cant then resore to last week or some thing.. Didn't say how to boot in safe mode or if i ever got there what to pick from  or what to look for if it booted. Thats the best ya all got ?! I anti no tek head as ya all can guess by now. Dint know about networking, the inner workinks of XP and what makes it tick. Looks like ya all are. But your only concerned with me typing WT*&^% . If my Pc lets me boot to safe, as I'm in now, with networking. and put other stuff to on back up HD. then its 95% working. Cant any of you teks guys take that and figged out the last5%  :-\  Eddy can look in my Pc some how to let me know i had my Xp firewall dound, and saw other stuff I'm sure. theres remote accuse . And theres other ways of fix what this AV messed up. Took out, Deleted, Removed, or what ever the ,,hmmmm Heck it did... But i anti got ,, hmm Pooh back as in HELP to getting my system back..At the sign up for the down load it ask it  i want to take part of helping  with feed back with this AV... I picked YA...Yes.. RGR.. OKAY . what ever. Hears my Feed Back
Make the damn program so Evey Day folk like me can run a scan. I dint mean to take away for any one with this statement, But i Don't want to spend my evens for the next year learning all Networking,, OS,,, AVs,,, To be able to run a program with the Name on it as Home.. Know why i didn't pick the one that sead Pro on it ..?!?? Come on , guess.. ??? Coz i ANIT NO PRO, What a let down this is . these forums with the name Tck Help on then. i bet 5 to 1 this hole post gets deleted..And  befor any one starts to hammer me about this post.. All the thoughts and Opoines in it are Mine.  peaces out
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 03:03:43 AM by JJjr »

justin1278

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2005, 03:43:05 AM »
To boot in safe mode try pressing F8 while your PC is booting up then select boot in safe mode by using your arrow keys and pressing enter because it is likely your mouse pointer will not be on the screen. Oh and welcome to the forums.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 03:46:17 AM by justin1278 »

JJjr

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2005, 01:46:29 PM »
Hay Kakapo and  justin1278.. thx for both of your PMs ;D  the more i tried the more the system got unstable even to the point where i could not boot in safe mode. I have saved off my stuff to other HD and reformatted my WD. been to windows update for the latest and in stalled ZA 6.0.667.  As of now i have
Anti-Virus
Anti-spyware
Anti-spam
going in ZA.. And Yes, i have done Down Loaded Avast Home 4.6. And cant Waite to run it. But, not un tell the use the search on the site and look for ZA in it to see what i may need to disable  ie. all the Antis in ZA. I saw one post here saying they use ZA as a Firewall Only and let Avast do the rest. . I will be going to where they are taking in put for the new Avast and post in the Home release at least. They should make it to where if Avast is Deleat a OS file. it Stops and Auto puts it in the "Chest" Thats where i messed up. I picked Deleat and i be damn if it didn't d just that lol  ;D My fault. Me being Noober 101 here :D. But i think the Home one should have more Safe guards in it. well. going to do some reading here before work. Cant Waite to install  :P " Need newer faces also ;) " And to the tek heads here. Sorry if i was to hard on ya all. But your respons was slow if not noxiousness " wow hope spell check can fix that one  ;D ... But i know its 4x harder to fix the problem when the damage is done..

MFB

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2005, 11:44:12 PM »
Hey JJjr

My fault. Me being Noober 101 here

You're never a n00b, don't worry about it.   ;D

going in ZA.. And Yes, i have done Down Loaded Avast Home 4.6. And cant Waite to run it. But, not un tell the use the search on the site and look for ZA in it to see what i may need to disable

Don't you have a firewall running yet?   ???  Click on the link below to download the  6.0.631.003 because the other version might crash your PC, maybe not but I doubt you want to take any chances.  Also you don't need to configure much on Zone Alarm except allowing some programs outbound access to the internet and a few preferences.  Your avast! should work fine with the free version of Zone Alarm so don't worry.   ;D

Click here

JJjr

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2005, 01:39:20 AM »
yes im running firewall now ?!?.. this one is my wifes Pc, it has XP only.. and its on  :-\ anit ..

JJjr

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2005, 06:31:02 AM »
Bet ya all thought i would just go away  ;D Not.. Been working with Justin and took some info off KaKapo. got some new programs going here and think tha all are going to work with each othere.. Bad news is we could not keep from reformating my one HD . But get everying move to the othere befor ..hmm Big Monky DoDo hit the fan  :o What ever "I" told Avast to deleat was highly needed by my OS. . Cant wate to see how all the new hardware will work in my game play... Ya im a gamer.. 8) BUt, will give more info on the goings on of what happen to try to help otheres that might just thnk click.click .yes.yes.and run will do,, it was past 4am last night befor i go tto sleep, peace out ..

JJjr

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2005, 08:08:06 AM »
both of my Pcs are now up to date with sp2 and all there upates. And both PCs have ZA 6.0.677.000 on then. But am thinking about going to 5.1.033.000 coz im not able to server  for some reson on my wifes PC sence i install the 6.0.677 This PC has the Avast on it.. Home 4.6 Iv run one hole sys scan and all came beck Ok. ;D NOthing was found. it scand both HDs. What I would like to kown is do i need to reseter aging to install Avast on my othere PCs. ? Or do i use the same key i use for this one ..

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2005, 01:50:43 PM »
What I would like to kown is do i need to reseter aging to install Avast on my othere PCs. ? Or do i use the same key i use for this one ..
You can use the same key in both computers IF they are HOME AND NON-COMMERCIAL use. No need for a second (or further) registration.  ;)
The best things in life are free.

JJjr

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2005, 03:28:49 PM »
 ;D   thx teck  ;) Avast will be sweet on both .. its doing grate on this one   8)

JJjr

Re: Scan took out everything !! DONT DELEAT, MOVE TO CHEST INSTEAD
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2005, 10:41:54 PM »
i was about to jump in a game, andlike most gamers, i went to task mnager to start shutting down stuff that eat up my cpu. And saw iexploer.exe  >:( that is what got my on this bug hunt in the frist place.. i tryed to google it. but cant no one tell me what it is unless i pay for some program.. Then i rember Rddy saying some thing about Security Task Manager.. got the free down load trile, But it didnt show up there ?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2005, 10:50:39 PM »
I can't understand exactly what is your problem... can you rephrase? Thanks.
The best things in life are free.

JJjr

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2005, 10:55:18 PM »
is iexploer.exe spyware .? not exploer , but iexploer.exe ? i show both. been told iexploer anti good.