Author Topic: Question about message saying my subscription is updated  (Read 3341 times)

REDACTED

Question about message saying my subscription is updated
« on: January 26, 2015, 05:52:36 AM »
Okay so basically I've used avast for years... last year my subscription automatically renewed itself.
it went from 2014-2015 and I didn't do anything like previous years....

So I was hoping the same thing would be for this year as well.

Now about a few minutes ago I got a weird message something about how my subscription has been updated. And I said to my self hmmm okay did it just automatically update and renew my subscription or whatever?

And it seems it didnt because I still have the same expiration date of march2015....

By the way when this message popped up it brought me to the same subscription option which is also why I thought it maybe renewed it on its own...

So what is the deal here?

Will it eventually renew on its own?

And if it doesn't what should I do self renew it myself or what? I am so confused here...

I don't know.... could this possibly be because I had my old email taken down which was optimum which I no longer use because I switched to fios over the summer?

Or is that irrelevant?

Anyway someone let me know because my stuff expires come this march and say If I were to renew it and buy a whole new thing I don't want it to suddenly purchase another from my bank etc... you know..

Someone shed some light on this please because I never had that message before and pop up bringing me to my subscription....

Again the subscription is still 2015.... Nothing was updated

REDACTED

Re: Question about message saying my subscription is updated
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 05:55:15 AM »
Ok I just checked my email. should have did that from the start. I apparently got charged out of my bank.

why the hell did I not get it for 2015?

It still says subscription valid  3/4/15

why is this?

Why did it not up date to into next year....?

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 05:58:50 AM »
wait not my EMAIL. My BANK statement is what I meant. to be more specific.

I still have my avast set to my OLD email PRIOR to before I switched ISP's. I changed from optimum to Verizon fios...

So now basically  I have been charged money and not got anything? Why the heck....

What do I do help please

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 06:00:38 AM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 06:08:19 AM »
ok so what do I do here with this ticket?

basically I got an email and it took money out of my bank.

and no new subscription...

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 06:12:07 AM »
this is ridiculous I have been a paying customer to AVAST FOR YEARS....

I never had this kind of issue.

Why in the hell do they just not send a code in the email. This is not fair at all... they basically took my money and did not renew my avast.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 09:48:08 AM »
-> https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB24#artTitle

PS: Don't start multiple topics, stay in this one.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2015, 10:22:19 AM »
Ok asyn thanks for the link but I posted this in my other thread that I for some reason can't find now wish that thread could have been merged with this one because I went into explicit details of my issue more than this one anyway but whatever....

but anyway can you confirm this for me or not please. I would appreciate it.

Will it automatically change the date on the 8th of february for me?

I received the following in an email.

This is part of the email here is a copy/paste:

Avast reminder: Your subscription will automatically renew in 15 days

Friendly reminder: Your Avast subscription will
                  automatically renew in 15 days

Dear Christopher,

Thank you for trusting Avast for your computer and data protection. We hope that you have been satisfied with your Avast Internet Security - Subscription.

We would like to remind you that your Avast Internet Security - Subscription will expire on February 08, 2015.

Since you have subscribed to the Auto-Renewal Service, no further action is required on your end to renew your protection.

We will process a charge of $­39.99 (renewal price after Loyalty discount) to the payment method on file on January 26 2015 . Your protection will be extended until February 08, 2016.

So with that posted.... Now will it change the date in my avast renewal come February 8th 2015? Since apparently that subscription ends? Is that why the date in my avast has not changed yet or whatever? Because when I click my avast and open it up and go to settings and subscriptions it says my avast expires in early march 2015. It never changed to 2016... SO I am thinking maybe come the 8th of february it will then set it self to that then to march 2015-2016 date yes?

Can this be confirmed or what? Is that what that email meant? Or  am I wrong and need to still resolve this issue?

Please let me know asyn or anyone else on here who has any input for that matter.

Thank you and any help is really appreciated  :)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2015, 10:28:18 AM »
1. Now will it change the date in my avast renewal come February 8th 2015?
2. Can this be confirmed or what? Is that what that email meant?
1. It should, if not report back here.
2. Yes.

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2015, 10:46:52 AM »
Okay thank you Asyn.

I will be back if it still doesn't work by the 8th but hopefully it does.

thanks again

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2015, 10:47:29 AM »
You're welcome.