Author Topic: First user experience of GrimeFighter  (Read 4414 times)

REDACTED

First user experience of GrimeFighter
« on: January 26, 2015, 06:40:09 PM »
Hello everybody,
For a few weeks, GrimeFighter has alerted me that several useless software were installed on my machine, which was coherent with the reduced capacity of it and this is the reason why I bought GrimeFighter (1 GB mem, 1596 Mhz proc, 149 GB disk with 35.7 GB free, Windows XP SP3).
But it only alerted me, and then reproached me for not having the license.
Yesterday, after I verified about the license, I insisted some more. I then discovered the firewall (outside Avast Internet Security) was blocking it.
I corrected this, and relaunched GrimeFighter. Then, it took twenty four hours (24 : the same time the day after) to close the session, and when restarting proposed me the choice between GrimeFighter and Windows.
I launched GrimeFighter, a few seconds later I saw the wifi lighting on, so I stopped it as I presumed this was an error. At the end of the progression bar it took some time, and then told me it could not work as it did not have any network access. Well then, why not informing me the network access was needed, at first ?
The UI proposed to try again, but this failed. Some peripherals only work if they are connected when starting the system ?
After that I restarted Windows (was not proposed GrimeFighter any more), and discovered I could not do another test immediately, as GrimeFighter only launches itself once per day (or you can select a longer interval).
Well, I shall try and find a 24 hours period where I can do without my machine, and launch that again, and let the wifi on.
After this first test, I went wondering stupid questions :
What is the reach of the wifi, about 800 meters ? Are you sure there is an Avast server in that distance from where I live ? And ... Then I realized it was a stupid question.
Well then, I shall tell you what it gives without disconnecting the wifi, and I hope the preparation will be quicker that time.
I presume the Ethernet connection is useless, anyway on Windows XP the box needs to be installed.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 06:45:32 PM by Gloops »

REDACTED

Re: First user experience of GrimeFighter
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 09:02:10 AM »
>:( :( COMPREI  O GRIMEFIGHTER E NÃO CONSIGO LOGA E NÃO CHEGA SER ATIVADO SÓ MOSTRA UMA TELA PEDINDO PARA RESOLVER E NADA FUNCIONA EU VOU ESPERA UNS DIAS SE NÃO RESOLVER EU VOU SUSPENDER O PAGAMENTO E FAZER UMA DENUNCIA JUDICIAL.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 09:05:45 AM »
Please post English here, else use the forum section for your language.
-> https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=21.0
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 05:44:24 PM »
@ Gloops
Did you get Grimefighter to function?
I am aware that Grimefighter does not work with some WiFi Adapters as has been mentioned many times in this Grimefighter forum.
If you cannot get Grimefighter to function you can open a support ticket or request a refund.

Please go to http://support.avast.com and "Submit a Support Ticket".
If you want to request a refund please provide as much info/detail as possible about your case(s)
Here:  https://support.avast.com/Tickets/Submit/RenderForm/27/&cls01&ptf01&lic01&scr06 - select Refund request on left side.  :)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 05:45:56 PM by schmidthouse »

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 03:11:21 PM »
Je souhaite me désabonner d'Avast Securite payant.Comment faire?

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2015, 03:54:23 PM »
Je souhaite me désabonner d'Avast Securite payant.Comment faire?
As already mentioned above this is English here please or post in your own ( French ) language section https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=23.0

REDACTED

Second UX ... Re: First user experience of GrimeFighter
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2015, 04:45:23 AM »
Hello,
Well, I do not know how GrimeFighter guessed I intended to launch it during the week-end, as it was scheduled to be launched each day.
After being out for a few minutes, I wondered what made my machine restart, whether it was a hacker, but then I saw it was GrimeFighter.

News are mitigated (*).
On the good side : the 24 hours delay to close the session could be avoided this time.
On the bad side : despite this time I let the wifi on, sedation was canceled by the head office, and I was invited to contact the support.
So, I am going to do that ...
Thanks.
Also to report : after restarting I lost the control of the machine, I even could not stop the wifi. I had to make a brutal restart and then took the control again normally.

And ... it is right that I do not speak Portuguese ...
French yes, but the question was out of topic (terms and conditions to stop an Internet Security subscription), and some other contributors do not speak French.

(*) would you rather say reserved ? When I ask wordreference.com to translate from French it says mitigated, but the translation in the other direction gives something quite different. I imagine the context with the following sentences makes it more clear what I mean.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 05:07:43 AM by Gloops »

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2015, 06:39:41 PM »
You're welcome
Unfortunate you haven't got it to work.
Quite possible it is the WiFi adapter is not supported by Grimefighter.