Author Topic: MSN MAIL  (Read 4737 times)

shoredude

MSN MAIL
« on: September 20, 2005, 03:45:57 AM »
since i've installed this program i cannot read my mail at msn.com. itshows up in my messenger that i have mail ,but when i click on it i cant open the mail. can someone help me with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :o

MFB

Re: MSN MAIL
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 03:56:21 AM »
Hi there!  MSN Mail?  I'm not familiar with that program, did you mean the MSN Explorer? http://explorer.msn.com/features.htm  If not, can you give me the link to website that you install the software. 

Can you still view your messages by going to passport.net and entering your account and password?  What is your OS?  (Windows 2000, ME, XP, etc.)

Welcome to the forums!!! ;D 8)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 03:59:08 AM by Turkey »

shoredude

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 01:09:38 PM »
i use XP PRO. i can sign in and see my mail but they dont open!!!

Ricky2005

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2005, 08:48:52 PM »
i think he means msn messenger

what version of msn are you running?
is it blocked in the web sheild?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2005, 10:20:05 PM »
since i've installed this program i cannot read my mail at msn.com. itshows up in my messenger that i have mail ,but when i click on it i cant open the mail. can someone help me with this!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o
What firewall are you using, I'm thinking Zone Alarm Pro with the privacy settings high?

Check and see if terminating the Web Shield allows access, there has been something about this type of issue with ZA Pro privacy and avast web shield.

Or ensure that your firewall allows access to ashWebSv.exe.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2005, 10:57:39 PM »
What firewall are you using, I'm thinking Zone Alarm Pro with the privacy settings high?

If so, see http://www.avast.com/eng/webshield_issues.html

If you are using ZoneAlarm Pro and Privacy Control in ZoneAlarm is set to High and if you click YES in avast comptability dialog box the transparent mode proxy in webshield will be turned off you have to manually configure browser to access internet. To manually configure your browser watch instructional video
The best things in life are free.