Author Topic: Virtualization Issue said to be fixed (back in 2013), but still having problem  (Read 1544 times)

REDACTED

Hello,

I found the following in an old thread, which when I tried to reply strongly suggested I open a new thread.  Thus I'm opening this new thread.

The issue is I'm wanting to use virtualization for various products, such as DuOS, HAV, running Windows 7 under Windows 10, etc.  At the same, I'd hate to give up using Avast, as I JUST bought Avast Premium this year for 5 systems for 3 years. 

Sorry for this problem, it will be fixed in next release.
To solve this problem just uncheck "hardware virtualization" checkbox on AvastUI troubleshooting page. (reboot is required to propagate this setting change)

Thanks

As you can see Spec8472 (identified as an Avast team member in the other thread - https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=131508.0) said the fix should be in the next release.  As this was 2013 and it is now almost 2016, well, I'd hope the fix would be there.

Yet, I can't run DuOS as the virtualization isn't on.  Also HAV gives the same error.  I know my system supports virtualization, as the Intel Processor Identification Utility says my DUAL X5680 processors (24 cores in total) support VT.

I'm going to try the suggested fix of turning off Avast's Hardware Virtualization and rebooting, but shouldn't the fix be there and not require me to turn it off.  PLUS I hate losing the protection -- especially the sandbox --- ESPECIALLY when I only need the Windows 7, DuOS, etc from time to time (but I do need them).

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
The virtualization (NG) has been fixed in the latest beta https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=177441.msg1258081#msg1258081
This beta is fairly stable but like any other beta(s) there are some risks. If you decide to try v2016.11.1.2235 beta 2 be sure to use the custom install.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.