Author Topic: Opera is now free!  (Read 32644 times)

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
Re: Opera is now free!
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2005, 08:06:55 PM »
And very important fact is that Opera was and still is one of the best browsers out there (if not the best at the moment)...
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

JediMasterCK

« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2005, 08:15:24 PM »
And very important fact is that Opera was and still is one of the best browsers out there (if not the best at the moment)...

True... Opera is not like other browsers that allow a ton of adware/spyware onto your computer...

JediMasterCK

« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2005, 08:19:20 PM »
A banner is an ad and an ad is always forced.

Irrelevant to the browsing experience - did not interfere whatsoever...

Opera is better now.

If you think like that then you must avoid all software and websites with ads on them... ::)

Does all of this really matter?

Nope - it's all in the past... ;)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2005, 09:32:52 PM »
A banner is an ad and an ad is always forced.
Irrelevant to the browsing experience - did not interfere whatsoever...
No, surely not. Takes attention, take space in my screen, don't let me get to the point, save temporary files in cache in my disk, etc. etc.

Opera is better now.
If you think like that then you must avoid all software and websites with ads on them... ::)
If I can choose, I'll browse the page without adds. More than this, a lot of firewalls are just sweeping the adds away just with the [AD] trick.
A lot of users don't want adds at all. The number of Opera downloads increased by millions in the same day they remove adds. Coincidence?

Does all of this really matter?
Nope - it's all in the past... ;)
After all, we can share our opinions and have fun here  8)

Thanks Jedi.
The best things in life are free.

darkparrot

« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2005, 10:17:52 PM »
I get no ads on webpages, so using a browser with ads made no sense to me.

Since Opera went ad free I switched over from firefox, for the better I think.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 10:19:23 PM by darkparrot »

Inu-Ya

« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2005, 05:01:58 PM »
My question here is why did Opera have ad's within there browser at all? I thought it was stupid having to pay for none ad's but I found it was easy to crack in it and be ad free anyway. I never did such thing but my friends did.

Opera is still good to me as I switched to Opera from FireFox and I'm loving the skins.  ::)

Inu-Ya

« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2005, 03:19:14 AM »
Hello there, Here's what my Desktop and Opera look like  ::)

« Last Edit: October 03, 2005, 10:30:29 PM by Inu-Ya »

darkparrot

« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2005, 06:45:24 PM »
My question here is why did Opera have ad's within there browser at all? I thought it was stupid having to pay for none ad's but I found it was easy to crack in it and be ad free anyway. I never did such thing but my friends did.

Opera is still good to me as I switched to Opera from FireFox and I'm loving the skins.  ::)

I think that was the only way they had a stable form of income. I know they had a lot people working on the browser, since its not open source (and do not have a parent company funding them) they are not getting the man power for free.

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2005, 08:08:17 PM »
Hi all,

changed my FF with Opera and I'm still happy on using it. I found it more user friendly than FF.  ;D greetings for all firefoxers and opera singers. shortly for all who do not use IE everyday!  ;D

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2005, 11:14:24 PM »
Hi all,

changed my FF with Opera and I'm still happy on using it. I found it more user friendly than FF.  ;D greetings for all firefoxers and opera singers. shortly for all who do not use IE everyday!  ;D
YLAP
I have to agree with you. Of all the non IE based browsers, it's the easiest to work with. It also opens much faster than FF.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Inu-Ya

« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2005, 01:04:48 AM »
Yup, I find it alot faster then FireFox.  ::)

Love the skins for it! :)

rdmaloyjr

« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2005, 02:28:41 PM »
I've been using the new Opera 8.5 once in a while.  Opera isn't as user friendly as Firefox, tha's why Firefox is my default browser. 

I had been able to log into MSN with Opera, but now I can't login to MSN with Opera.  I just updated to Opera 8.51 & still can't login to MSN.  Does anyone know why Opera won't login to MSN now?  I havent changed my cookie settings.

I'm using Opera now with no problem logging into avast.

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2005, 02:39:25 PM »
Hello Opera and FF users,

Well Opera is the better browser, and a good browser for searchers (look at www.fravia.org) , but I predict the better browser next year will be the more "socializing" brother of FF 1.5 x: that is... FLOCK. As one of the brave first adopters and security developers for FLOCK I dare to say that Flock is the more stable and user-friendly of the alternate browsers outside IE.  Don't be faint-hearted and give FLOCK the beta-test.

greets,

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

rdmaloyjr

« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2005, 02:48:43 PM »
Hello Opera and FF users,

Well Opera is the better browser, and a good browser for searchers (look at www.fravia.org) , but I predict the better browser next year will be the more "socializing" brother of FF 1.5 x: that is... FLOCK. As one of the brave first adopters and security developers for FLOCK I dare to say that Flock is the more stable and user-friendly of the alternate browsers outside IE.  Don't be faint-hearted and give FLOCK the beta-test.

greets,

polonus

I did give Flock a try.  I found a lot of problems with Flock's bookmarks.  Flock has a good idea with their bookmarks, but it just doesn't work!  I've never had a problem with any other browser's bookmarks.  I removed Flock from my computer.

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2005, 03:47:59 PM »
Hi rdmaloyr,

You better wait for the official version. What we have now is a developer's pre-relaese. To solve your problem look here: http://clipmarks.com/clipmark/7C118E21-E8DD-4B64-9329-4F9F51859BBE/

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!