Author Topic: AVAST is stopping 'Picture It!' from opening  (Read 2002 times)

REDACTED

AVAST is stopping 'Picture It!' from opening
« on: January 23, 2015, 03:15:29 PM »
Thanks to 'BleepingComputers' and a guy called 'Aura' in particular. I've just discovered which protectionware was stopping my Picture It! software from opening. I've been using Picture It & AVAST together for years and years. Now, all of a sudden I can't open Picture It unless I first turn off the 'File System Shield' in AVAST. Why now all of a sudden? Can anyone tell me of a work round or must I get new anri-virus software?   

Offline Milos

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
Re: AVAST is stopping 'Picture It!' from opening
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 03:37:13 PM »
Hello,
is there some alert from Avast? Can you post screenshot of it?

Milos

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 05:53:43 PM »
I received nothing from AVAST. I only found out which software was preventing me opening Picture It! was after being instructed to close down all my protection-ware. Then putting them all back on, one after the other. Between which I had to keep seeing if I could turn on PicIt. It all came down to AVAST and be a further process of elimination, it specifically turned out to be the 'File System Shield'

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 07:50:41 PM »
If avast blocked it, it can very well be there is a entry in the log file of the webshield.
Have a look and it may tell you/us more.

Offline hradsky

• Avast team
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 03:11:21 PM »
Hi,
I would like to reproduce this issue but I'm unable to find Picture It! available for download. Is it Microsofts program or I'm looking in the wrong place? If so I found that Picture It! was rebranded as Digital Image a while ago so I briefly tried Digital Image with Avast and they ran together just fine.

Could you please provide more info on Picture It! ? Publisher, version, etc.? A download link would be perfect. It would also come in handy to know what Windows edition (XP, Vista, 7, ...) you use and which version of Avast runs on your PC. Then I can create a scenario as closest to yours as possible.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 03:15:00 PM »
Also good to know is the version of Picture It. ;)