Author Topic: Deployment file does not include license  (Read 2493 times)

REDACTED

Deployment file does not include license
« on: January 28, 2015, 04:55:45 PM »
Created deployment file from the console. I copied it to flash drive and deployed it on several workstations. After installation, the Avast console screen on the workstations shows that it is in 30 day Trial. We have to install the license file manually through Maintenance. Is the deployment file supposed to include the valid license? If so, what should I do when creating the deployment file?

REDACTED

Re: Deployment file does not include license
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 02:56:40 PM »
The license check is done after the first connection and update from the mirror.

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 02:28:28 AM »
The license check is done after the first connection and update from the mirror.

Correct, on some systems this is not done until after the client is rebooted.
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 12:57:42 AM »
I've been seeing it not get the license after several reboots, updates, and even re-installs.

Offline Bret Miller

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 05:44:20 PM »
I see the same issue here. It's not completely consistent though. Generally if I leave the computer with the new deployment online overnight, it will get a license. Not saying it'll work for you, but it might. You can also install the license manually though visiting every computer to do that is a real pain. Hoping the next version might correct some of this weirdness. I always have to wonder if Microsoft updated something that broke it....