Author Topic: Avast not detecting in real-time?  (Read 3115 times)

REDACTED

Avast not detecting in real-time?
« on: January 29, 2015, 05:31:41 PM »
I have set up a test environment using the Educational license and have deployed a client by using the AEA Console with File, Network, Web, and Behavior shields on. The client deployed fine and is licensed (version 8.0.1603). I ran a test using the EICAR av test file and Avast did not detect this file in real-time. It detects it if directly scanned or during a system scan later but does not detect it immediately like my other AV test clients do using Symantec Endpoint and MS Security Essentials.

To my understanding File Shield should be performing this task and I have it set using the default settings. Is there something I am missing to configuring this?

Offline Milos

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
Re: Avast not detecting in real-time?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 09:31:03 AM »
Hello,
how did you named the Eicar file? Did you use "<some_name>.com" or some other executable extension on windows?

Milos

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 09:01:30 PM »
Just a named text file, "AVTest.txt". But also created other new text files with only EICAR string in it. On the other machines with different AV products installed these were detected immediately. On my Avast test station, the file just sits there on the desktop until it is eventually scanned during a system scan. I have opened it, copied it, moved it, etc. and it does not get detected until directly scanned manually or during a system scan.

Offline Milos

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 09:26:04 AM »
Hello,
maybe you have set scanning all the files on the other machines. Default settings is scan only files with some extensions like .com, .exe, .scr, .bat, .... See attached screenshot.