Author Topic: Norton Removal Tool Download & Functionality Problematic (RESOLVED)  (Read 6625 times)

Offline Chim

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Norton Removal Tool Download & Functionality Problematic (RESOLVED)
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2015, 09:54:41 PM »
Oh, I didn't mean to imply that I acquired this computer brand new around that 2013 time.  That is when my oldest sister let me use it.  She and her husband had already had it in storage for about 1½ years when they were out of the country.  And they had already used it for some years before that.  So, it's not exactly new.

Out of curiosity, I decided to go through the motions of checking out the warranty status in that HP Support Center site.  Wooooo!  It turns out it's actually older than I even thought it was.  It claims on there that the warranty began on May 11, 2009 and ended on September 2, 2009 ... as a Refurbished computer.  Hmmm ... I wasn't even aware my sister and her husband bought it as a refurbished computer.  I could be wrong, but somehow I don't think they knowingly bought it as such.  I'll have to e-mail my sister and check to see if they indeed did knowingly buy this computer as a refurbished computer.

Thanks for that link to the HP Support Center Warranty Status Checking page, Eddy.  It's a good one to have.  I already bookmarked it.
Dell Optiplex 780 / Core 2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz / 4 Gig RAM / Windows XP Pro 32-Bit SP3 / Panda Dome  Free 18.07.00 / MBAM / SAS / NetZero Dial Up / Maxthon MX5 5.2.5.4000

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Norton Removal Tool Download & Functionality Problematic (RESOLVED)
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2015, 10:14:12 PM »
Ok, it is very clear there is no warranty on the system.
At least you have found out a little more about the history of that system.

It would not surprise me that the system was refurbished because of the same problems as you have with it.
Without having seen/tested the system myself, I would say the motherboard is broken.

Perhaps a idea to take out all other components and sell them.
Since the psu is supplying power...
You could use it to power several fans and place them on your desk on hot days to cool you :D