Author Topic: Licensing  (Read 10142 times)

REDACTED

Licensing
« on: January 30, 2015, 12:40:10 AM »
I'm looking here to confirm the Endpoint is the product I want, not cloud ..

I have been trialling the Avast cloud setup

I like that it can centrally view all - but it seems to require me to log in on the Antivirus endpoint - so the user could change that ..

so at this stage I think I don't want that - I want to go with the Endpoint protection - but that means I need to manage it onsite ?

I'm a Computer support person - so I'm offsite would like the best of both worlds here I guess .. but cloud isn't quite there - is my assumption correct

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Re: Licensing
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 02:26:43 AM »
Endpoint Protection would be managed with either Avast Enterprise Admin Console or Avast Small Office Admin Console.  Both could be accessed remotely if you had access to the network where they are installed.

The Avast for Business (Cloud) is managed by the online portal, each client is linked there just like a EP Client linked to EA or SOA. A user can not remove it from the cloud management, especially if you secure program access with a password.

Just to be clear, Endpoint Protection is not going away. If it is the product you want contact your local avast Reseller
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 08:59:16 AM »
Thanks for the reply

I've worked that out, it wasn't quite clear to make the transition between Personal cloud and business cloud.

got it

another question
- if I buy the licenses - and I can see I can stay free - but can I just purchase some licenses

or
as appears to be the case - it's all free, or all paid

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 09:07:14 AM »
Enpoint is not free, you will need to pay for it.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 11:32:14 AM »
Just clarifying
I'm looking at the Avast for Business Cloud
* I can add the devices
* and it seems to allow me to stay on free licenses, and that seems to be what the web site suggests

but: if I want to buy some licenses, it seems to be all licenses

I'd expect the behaviour to be select the devices I want to upgrade, and upgrade them to "Avast Premium Business Security".

I'm an IT person, so I like the idea of one portal for monitoring every computer I'm responsible for.
But I have to market a cost to my customers - so I want to control which devices are the full product.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015, 10:59:02 PM »
Hi,

Your observation is correct.  In Avast for Business,  each module (security in this case) is all free or all paid.

How does this work for you?

Just clarifying
I'm looking at the Avast for Business Cloud
* I can add the devices
* and it seems to allow me to stay on free licenses, and that seems to be what the web site suggests

but: if I want to buy some licenses, it seems to be all licenses

I'd expect the behaviour to be select the devices I want to upgrade, and upgrade them to "Avast Premium Business Security".

I'm an IT person, so I like the idea of one portal for monitoring every computer I'm responsible for.
But I have to market a cost to my customers - so I want to control which devices are the full product.

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 12:03:01 AM »
I think it would be a wise idea to allow a ala carte for licensing on a per device basis.

I can see some situations where you may want to keep some on free (little used devices, etc), and have others on paid.

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2015, 01:00:33 AM »
Hi,

Your observation is correct.  In Avast for Business,  each module (security in this case) is all free or all paid.

Like Mayahana - I think more granularity, the individual workstations need features turned on and off - the Amazon cloud charging is a good example.

I like the idea of your subscription model - i.e. pay for what you use. But I think this idea transcends SMB, this portal is IT Support - it's magic, so tools like this group used this and it cost this, will allow IT guys to on charge

I think to the product split needs an additional layer, the two features of significance are Anti Spam and Email Scanning. (Firewall, SafeZone and Data shredder are B side options) - but it you could turn install free, then turn on Anti Spam and Email Scanning for Amazon charge for usage model, with a report based on groups ... that would be a winner for me

PS: great product by the way

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2015, 03:30:18 AM »
Thanks.  We're paying attention to your requests and will evaluate the feasibility of implementing this down the road.

Keep it coming!

Hi,

Like Mayahana - I think more granularity, the individual workstations need features turned on and off - the Amazon cloud charging is a good example.

I like the idea of your subscription model - i.e. pay for what you use. But I think this idea transcends SMB, this portal is IT Support - it's magic, so tools like this group used this and it cost this, will allow IT guys to on charge

I think to the product split needs an additional layer, the two features of significance are Anti Spam and Email Scanning. (Firewall, SafeZone and Data shredder are B side options) - but it you could turn install free, then turn on Anti Spam and Email Scanning for Amazon charge for usage model, with a report based on groups ... that would be a winner for me

PS: great product by the way