Author Topic: ZA and avast!  (Read 25014 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: ZA and avast!
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2005, 09:35:35 PM »
Well, I'm not too interested in a lot of rumors posted at forums.
Well, like David said, they're more than rumors... Not all the forums are bla-bla-bla. If you don't want to believe in any of them, believe in avast! forums  8)
The best things in life are free.

cvsa

« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2005, 03:40:25 PM »
to be back to the original subject of this thread, i decided to switch back to za 5.5.109.

even if i didn't experienced crashes during browsing (i'm on win 98se...)

i had troubles shutting down the computer (vsmon didn't close) and my computer was really slowing down with za6..... :-\

internetworld7

« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2005, 08:53:15 AM »
When you install the most recent version of ZoneAlarm firewall, avast! will pop up a message that says it has detected incompatible software. avast! gives you the option to disable the web shield transparent proxy setting. Selecting this option does not leave your computer unprotected or vulnerable, neither is the webshield feature disabled. I went to eicar.org and tested the web shield and it worked just fine as usual. The avast! message also says that they are working with ZoneLabs to fix this issue. You also have the option to manually adjust your browser proxy settings to correct this as well, though I wasn't clear on how to do this. Hope this helps. :)

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2005, 11:53:57 PM »
Hello you all,

I want the word of the experts here?
After a clean install what to install first FW or AV.
Or install FW and AV first from a CD (avast and ZA)  and after that connect to the Internet? For my little cousin in Poland I took the latter option, first installed, then connected the dial-up in his case.
What is the best policy. Anyone?

greets,

polonus
« Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 11:56:05 PM by polonus »
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2005, 12:07:49 AM »
When you install the most recent version of ZoneAlarm firewall, avast! will pop up a message that says it has detected incompatible software.
In fact, only ZA Pro and specifically the privacy features have incompatibility with avast.
ZA free works perfectly with avast! (in my personal experience)  8)
The best things in life are free.

Hipwr

« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2005, 02:12:38 AM »
I've been using them together for 7 or 8 months. Just be sure to allow the AV updater access to the internet.

nnnnnpatel

« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2005, 06:29:32 AM »
I had similar problems where my machine would reboot.  The cure that I found was disable avast first.  Then install latest ZA.  During installation when it asks if you are using antivirus, then answer NO.  Reboot and everything should work

nnnnnpatel