Author Topic: Lock Simulation - PIN is not working  (Read 9481 times)

REDACTED

Lock Simulation - PIN is not working
« on: January 31, 2015, 10:57:56 PM »
I installed avast anti theft (rooted), and i tried the "lock simulation" option. Tt got locked and requires a PIN, but it does not accept my avast pin or my sim pin
I sent an UNLOCK command from my.avast.com, but it remained locked
I rebooted the device, it stills asking for a pin, and still will not accept my avastantitheft pin or my sim pin
Any idea?

REDACTED

Re: Lock Simulation - PIN is not working
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 12:01:07 AM »
any help?
i am locked out of the phone, and it doesn't accept the PIN

What are my options here?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 01:16:41 AM »
Thank you Eddy

But none of the three methods stated in this article apply

(1) Restore PIN using Forgot your PIN
It requires to "open your mobile device: open Avast Mobile..."
I don't have access to that as the device seems locked

(2) Restore PIN using Avast Account
I can change the pin (which seems unnecessary as i know the avast pin), but even if i change it, the device will not be notified of this, as I have rebooted it and now it does not seem to be connected to the internet
It is stuck at a starting screen saying "To start Android, enter your PIN"

(3) Restore Avast PIN using Avast Account via the Avast antivirus user interface
I do not have access to the avast antivirus user interface as I do not have access to the system

It seems to me that the only option is to boot to recovery and format the device

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 01:38:23 AM »
I do not have access to the avast antivirus user interface as I do not have access to the system
It says "Restore PIN using Avast Account", not system. > https://my.avast.com

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 01:45:41 AM »
Yes
I told you that "I can change the pin" (see my previous message)
But even if I change it through the avast account, the device will not be updated with this new pin, as it no longer connected to the internet
So, even if it changed in the web avast account, the device has no way to know it

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2015, 01:55:54 AM »
I think that avast is not designed to work well with encrypted android devices
My device which is a nexus6 ships with android5 which has the encryption enabled by default
And it seems that if you try the lock command or the lock simulation on an encrypted device, you are locked out for good and there is no way to access the device anymore

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2015, 02:45:15 PM »
True it is, our devs are working on it. Default encryption will be big pain anyway...

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2015, 01:26:14 PM »
I have same problem.
Did you do Full Wipe through recovery?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2015, 07:42:41 AM »
i have lost my 4 pin how to get it back to unlock my phone
-> http://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB127#artTitle (Restore forgotten PIN)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2015, 02:23:56 AM »
I exchanged SIM card. The phone locked and the 6 digit pin number does not unlock the phone. It might be because the text messages with the pin numbers failed. In the past the text messages have not failed and the unlock process has worked well. Please advise.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2015, 06:05:16 AM »
I exchanged SIM card. The phone locked and the 6 digit pin number does not unlock the phone. It might be because the text messages with the pin numbers failed. In the past the text messages have not failed and the unlock process has worked well. Please advise.
-> http://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB135#artTitle (Changing a SIM card)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2016, 04:36:30 PM »
This just happened on my Nexus 6 running 5.1 (encrypted, rooted).  I installed Anti-Theft, got all the settings configured how I want, then did the lock simulation.  It stopped after 10 seconds but then asked me to enter my Android pin.  I don't have one set up but tried my common options.  When that didn't work, I restarted.  It now only boots to a message stating "To start Android, enter your PIN."  I can't even successfully load my data partition in TWRP to perform a backup.  Meaning unless this is fixed I will have to completely wipe my device and lose all user data.  Has there been any development on this in the last year?  Please help!

Offline samourai06

• gerard063
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2016, 09:26:38 AM »
j'ai le même problème je rentre mon pin et ça me dit code pin erroné je suis sur à 100% de mon pin noté dans un endroit sûr mais il ne le reconnaît pas suite à un verrouillage antiteft
je suis retraité passionné d'informatique, J'aime les animaux, les soirées resto, je reste simple pourquoi se compliquer la vie

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2016, 09:35:31 AM »
j'ai le même problème je rentre mon pin et ça me dit code pin erroné je suis sur à 100% de mon pin noté dans un endroit sûr mais il ne le reconnaît pas suite à un verrouillage antiteft
Please post English here, else use the forum section for your language.
-> https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=21