Author Topic: No pop up showing new definitions updated 2015 avast pro  (Read 17538 times)

Offline midnight

• Massive Poster
Re: No pop up showing new definitions updated 2015 avast pro
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2014, 11:04:13 PM »
Count me as another user who would prefer to see the VPS pop-up return. . . .

+1

REDACTED

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2014, 10:38:56 PM »
I kind of like the no pop up for updates, even though it gave a peace of mind knowing it was updated.
Even when the update pop up showed in previous versions I missed most since my cable connection is on 24/7 and some update pop ups came when I was away from pc.
Just hover over the orange tray icon to know it`s protected.
If you want more,just open avast--statistics--component status--updates, and done.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2014, 10:45:22 PM »
I kind of like the no pop up for updates, even though it gave a peace of mind knowing it was updated.
you get a error mark on tray icon or popup if something is wrong   ;) 

REDACTED

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2014, 10:38:42 AM »
Even when the update pop up showed in previous versions I missed most since my cable connection is on 24/7 and some update pop ups came when I was away from pc.
Just hover over the orange tray icon to know it`s protected.
If you want more,just open avast--statistics--component status--updates, and done.
I agree that removing the popups is better since streaming updates are quite frequent. Then avast! has to differentiate between small streaming updates and major updates to show the popup. I have gotten used to the no popup and a quick hover when I feel like it to see that all is ok. My avast>statistics>component status>updates shows >160 updates in last 24 hours. I am sure I don't want a popup every few minutes.

REDACTED

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2015, 04:09:54 PM »
OK, but it seems to me that the options to set up the pop up updates (and sounds) are still present in Settings --> General. Are they leftovers with no actual use?  ???

They control also other types of messages.

To me, this seems to be the main issue.  I can do without the pop-ups (and audible announcement) of definition updates as well, but I was confused to find the "Update popups" still appearing under settings -- set to display at a default of 20 seconds.  So while I appreciate that there are other types of popup messages, as MartinZ notes, if the Update popups are no longer implemented, that particular one should be deleted from the settings to avoid confusion.  It appears to do nothing.