Author Topic: my.avast.com won't open any listed devices  (Read 33013 times)

Offline jvlerks

Re: my.avast.com won't open any listed devices
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2017, 02:13:37 PM »
Hi Jesse,

All the solutions doesn't work and updating is not possible.
I've an old Android device (4.0.4) with AMS 5.12.2. (Why should I buy a new device when it works fine for me?)
It's sad that I don't have control over all my devices.  Only the devices with the actual version of AMS are visible in My Avast-account.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 08:14:26 AM by jvlerks »

Offline tabletmaster

« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2017, 06:25:33 AM »
It does look like several of my devices are now showing their details.

And just so DavidR's comment isn't buried:
@  Jesse,
Your F.A.Q. link is coming up 404 error.

Offline Jesse, Mobile Product Manager

• Avast team
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2017, 11:45:00 AM »
I updated the link, thanks.

Offline Tomas F.

• Avast team
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2017, 06:42:19 PM »
Hi Jesse,

All the solutions doesn't work and updating is not possible.
I've an old Android device (4.0.4) with AMS 5.12.2. (Why should I buy a new device when it works fine for me?)
It's sad that I don't have control over all my devices.  Only the devices with the actual version of AMS are visible in My Avast-account.

Hi, I assume you use standalone Anti-Theft application. In that case, steps mentioned by Jesse won't help. You need to clear data of the application or replace it with new AMS version with integrated and maintained Anti-Theft module. Since you have device with old android version, clearing data of Anti-Theft standalone is the only solution that should help. Make sure you have stable internet connection during Anti-Theft app setup.

Please let me know if it helped, thanks!

Offline jvlerks

« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2017, 08:15:42 PM »
Hi Tomas,
Indeed separate Anti Theft, version 4.2.0.
Cache and Data buttons are grey (blocked). So I can't reset Anti Theft.
Also impossible to delete or forcing to stop.
I think that support of old versions is over.  :(

Offline Tomas F.

• Avast team
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2017, 09:25:17 AM »
Hi Tomas,
Indeed separate Anti Theft, version 4.2.0.
Cache and Data buttons are grey (blocked). So I can't reset Anti Theft.
Also impossible to delete or forcing to stop.
I think that support of old versions is over.  :(

Hi, that is expected as Anti-Theft is Device administrator to be able to lock and wipe device safely and prevent intruders to easily uninstall the app.

You just have to go to Security section in Android Settings, find Device Administrators and disable it for Anti-Theft app. Then you will be able to Force stop and Clear data. When you will launch app again, you will grant Device administrator permission during activation process.

I strongly recommend to use Anti-Theft in AMS as it contains important fixes and improvements. However, you will need new device for that :)

Offline jvlerks

« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2017, 12:56:58 PM »
Hi Tomas,

Thanks a lot!
Everything works again and I can see my device in My Avast.
Perhaps an idea to make this workaround pinned, while there are more users with the similar problem.

Grtz,
Arjen

Offline ACT Overnight

« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2017, 04:39:41 PM »
I have 200 devices attached to my AVAST.com account.
All but 7 devices shows this error message "WE ARE SORRY, BUT DETAILED INFORMATION FOR DEVICE XXX IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
I cleared my cookies and cache and tried with IE 11 and Chrome on Windows 7 64 Pro and still no device details are shown.
When will this be remedied?
What can be done to get this working, on my end, for all devices attached to my Avast.com account?

REDACTED

« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2017, 08:52:26 PM »
Hi, I hope this is the correct thread to ask these questions.
First question is, should I have received an email when I opened my account on avast anti-theft? (clearly my account works as when I opened this page my details were already filled-in).

Second question, when I try to open my.avast.com it just just keeps loading and never reaches the page at my.avast.com/home. (when I first opened the page I chose login with my google account which is the account I used to register).

Offline Carlos_V8

« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2017, 10:13:04 AM »
WE ARE SORRY, BUT DETAILED INFORMATION FOR DEVICE LOL IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.

got this message when I open my desktop account

This new device is a "clone" for the previous one, I mean, I changed my device to a new one and the huawei system itself let me transfer all the data included apps from the old device.

Avast anti thief (just the app) was installed in there, and it is now in my new device, I got full access and control of the app, so how can I step by step fix this problem?

I read the app has to be unninstalled, but there are some steps before that, (permission access) and then reinstalled like new in the all-in-one Avast antivirus.

thats why i got some questions:

-Antivirus is not installed on my device, if I install it, it can fix the problem? i mean the app doesnt unninstall the old version and reinstall the new itself, keeping all the configurations? or i'll have to start from 0?

Android 7.0

Thank you.

REDACTED

« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2017, 05:13:49 PM »
Hi Jesse,
What would be you advice for those whose phone has been stolen already?
I don't think that thief will follow your instruction..
So phone owner that relied on Avast Anti-Theft in such case got nothing to do when it came time to use it?