Author Topic: How to configure mutiples pop3 accounts in Avast! Mail Protection  (Read 4108 times)

edermachado

Hi People,

How Can I do to configure mutiples pop3 account in Avast! Internet Mail Protection (eg. I have tree accounts...)

Thank's

ps: sorry my English...

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:How to configure mutiples pop3 accounts in Avast! Mail Protection
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2003, 12:46:51 PM »
Hi People,
How Can I do to configure mutiples pop3 account in Avast! Internet Mail Protection (eg. I have tree accounts...)
Thank's

Yes, of course: Run Mail Protection Wizard

To configure your e-mail client (program) follow these steps:
1. Close all your email applications.
2. Start Windows Menu > avast! antivirus > Mail Protection Wizard
3. Click Next on the first screen
4. Choose 'Setup the protection manually'
5. Choose 'I don't use MS Outlook (nor MS Exchange client) or 'I use other programs to work with e-mails as well'
a) with MS Outlook/Exchange, the Wizard finishes here.
b) with another e-mail client:
    After the service was disabled, choose Next
    Select your e-mail accounts (or 'My accounts is not in the list...' to get help)
    Finish your configuration and the service will start again.

You can run the Mail Protection Wizard more than once and all the changes could be reversed ('Automatically remove protection from all my accounts'). Nowadays, the following Internet Mail Clients are supported: MS Outlook (including Outlook 2003), MS Exchange, MS Outlook Express, Eudora, Pegasus Mail, Netscape Mail, Mozilla Mail, IncrediMail and The Bat!

Good luck, see you round!  ;)
The best things in life are free.

trigger

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2003, 12:51:00 PM »
You configure the several email accounts in your email program. For the pop server, you enter localhost or 127.0.0.1. For userid, you enter your-userid#your-pop-server. That way, when you email program tries to get mail, it will call avast (at localhost) and pass the userid#server string to avast, which will break it up in a userid and a servername which it will use to contact the mailserver. The settings in the mail protection wizzard are for accounts that do not pass the #server with the user id and will be used as default.

Peter

edermachado

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2003, 01:05:03 PM »
Thank's Peter and Avast Technical,  now it's work great...

Bye

Have a nice day....