Author Topic: Spinning Tray Icon  (Read 7039 times)

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Spinning Tray Icon
« on: February 04, 2015, 08:33:26 PM »
You need to add a setting to prevent the animation of the tray icon. In my opinion, very annoying.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Spinning Tray Icon
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 08:38:23 PM »
What avast version ?

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 09:14:35 PM »
See attached

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 10:55:27 PM »
Fair point,  what fits in consumer doesn't necessarily fit in business.  I  will ask it be our team evaluate a means to add this to a future version down the road.

You need to add a setting to prevent the animation of the tray icon. In my opinion, very annoying.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 12:04:25 AM »
I agree..

Spinning icon option would be a very very nice thing to see.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 03:23:56 AM »
Thanks all -- this has been logged with PM and we'll keep an eye on how many people ask for it.  As I said, I agree it's not fitting for business as well.

See attached

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 08:49:05 AM »
Kinda strange that you can disable it in the consumer versions but not in the cloud version...

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2015, 03:37:24 PM »
Nearly 3 months later and this simple option is still on available.  Animated tray icons are horrible IMO - if something "moves" in that area it should be because it requires attention from the user.  Animation for animations sake is just an unnecessary distraction.

Offline BCT

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 04:04:45 PM »
Has there been any progress (or workaround) to stop the animation icon?  It is very distracting to most users.
Thanks!

Offline Jeff.S

• Avast team
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2015, 04:22:14 PM »
HI,

We are working on adding the most used settings to the portal, hopefully we will see this in the next release. At this time I do not have a ETA for the next release but will try to keep you posted as new info comes in.

Thanks!

Jeff

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2015, 12:25:55 PM »
I just customize my (Windows 7) system tray icons so that it is set to "only show notifications".  If you're not interested in the animation you're not likely to need to see the tray icon perpetually at all.  I think there is possibly a Group Policy to do this in User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Start Menu and Taskbar but I haven't looked.

If no user-selectable option becomes available, I'd like to see it just animate for scheduled scans or even updates.  Currently it seems to animate at frequently odd times, presumably when it is doing a on-demand scan of a new file or web page etc.