Author Topic: who is skol.flexi-suff.co.uk?  (Read 3370 times)

bikeman

who is skol.flexi-suff.co.uk?
« on: September 22, 2005, 05:36:07 PM »
I keep getting the messsage:

Avast Connection Timeout. Internet connection timeout elapsed. Continue waiting? (msimn.exe > skol.flexi-surf.co.uk:110)

Is this valid operation for Avast? Should I be concerned? Who is skol.flexi-suff.co.uk?

???

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: who is skol.flexi-suff.co.uk?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 07:10:09 PM »
Bikeman, it's normal that some servers are on 'the way' of downloading emails.
That means avast! is listening the skol.flexi-suff.co.uk server at port number 110.
I won't worry about that.
Which email program do you use?

You can increase both your avast! timeout: Internet Mail provider > Customize > Advanced (tab)
and your email account timeout (generally, right click the email account, choose properties and the Advanced tab of settings).
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 07:12:14 PM »
This, skol.flexi-suff.co.uk has nothing to do with avast, other than it scans incoming email. I don't know where you got the skol.flexi-suff.co.uk from? I'm guessing it has something to do with your ISP or one of your email accounts as it would appear that you have connected to this URL to collect email?

What is you email program?
Have you tried extending the timeot delay in your email program?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

bikeman

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 08:40:53 PM »
I use outlo0k express and as suggested I have set the timeouts to the longest (5 minutes).

I am still a bit puzzled by skol.flexi-suff.co.uk - I have never heard of them and my email is hosted at 1and1.co.uk so I can't see why my email client should be conversing with skol.flexi-suff.co.uk. I've done a spyware scan but it found nothing at all.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2005, 09:17:34 PM »
I am still a bit puzzled by skol.flexi-suff.co.uk - I have never heard of them and my email is hosted at 1and1.co.uk so I can't see why my email client should be conversing with skol.flexi-suff.co.uk. I've done a spyware scan but it found nothing at all.
Maybe you have to trace back your emails. It's not strange that one ISP carries its traffic by other.
If you look in the headers of an email you'll find such strange routes...  :P
Anyway, be sure, avast! does not invoke any traffic, just scan it. If it's there, avast! scans. It's not due to avast!
Traceroute your email: http://www.readnotify.com/
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2005, 12:08:53 AM »
I am still a bit puzzled by skol.flexi-suff.co.uk - I have never heard of them and my email is hosted at 1and1.co.uk so I can't see why my email client should be conversing with skol.flexi-suff.co.uk.

Perhaps this is a question you should pose to 1and1.co.uk your ISP?
Check the server address for your incoming email in, Tools, Accounts, select an email account, Properties and check the Server Tab.

Since you have done a spyware scan (which one/s) it shouldn't be something like a spambot infection trying to use your system.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security